Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB- Specialized transition zero offset seat post
Quote | Reply
Looking for straight post .black and yellow preferred
. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: WTB- Specialized transition zero offset seat post [reddin16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you'll never find a black & yellow one. save yourself the trouble & just buy any zero you can find & get it repainted. trust me, been there/done that.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB- Specialized transition zero offset seat post [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks man,
Beggars can't be choosers I know.... Keeping my fingers crossed somebody has one in thier garage
Quote Reply
Re: WTB- Specialized transition zero offset seat post [reddin16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you had any luck? I've been searching for one also? Does specialized not sell them directly, or are they just ridculously priced?
Quote Reply
Re: WTB- Specialized transition zero offset seat post [bsmak24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized only sells the world champion striped one, and it's pricey.

When the black & yellow model was out, you didn't get several posts with the bike. If you wanted the zero, you had to specify as much on your order, and it was the only post you got. As such, and because the black/yellow colorway only lasted 2 years, it's pretty much impossible to find.

I hunted forever, called almost every Specialized dealer in the country, and called Specialized so many times to have them check their spare parts bin, all to no avail. In the end, I just bought a red zero post off of eBay & had it custom painted. Wish I would have just done it in the first place. I'd recommend the same to you both.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB- Specialized transition zero offset seat post [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated. Just curious, what should one expect to pay to have a seat post custom painted. And where would you take it? thanks again.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB- Specialized transition zero offset seat post [bsmak24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used Darin @ 2WheelerCustoms (http://www.2wheelercustoms.com)

I sent him the fork as well as the seatpost, so he could match the shade of yellow on the fork as close as possible when painting the post.

Cost was for strip, sand, repaint, clear, wet sand, buff, etc.. Came in at $110 total.

Here's a few pics of before & after:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks again! Your bike looks sweet with the Zipp's!!! Nice looking bike.
Quote Reply