Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only bought the frame set, everything else came off my old bike.

If in doubt, give it heaps!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mark

I had the same problem and was told the same thing. But reaching the screw when I had my crank replaced with my own Ultegra, I find that I cant get to the screw without taking the crank off. The FSA crank that comes stock has a gap to the screw to do the adjustment on the fly tho. Am I missing some other way to center the brakes?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Fast Freddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Shiv. This bike is amazingly comfortable and fast. I previously had a transition and loved it too.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, thanks! It is a bit of a pain to have to remove my chainring to get to the drive-side of the brake, but at least I know how to do it now!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Fast Freddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CakeWalk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris,
I am getting the Shiv Rival but want to build it up with Campi Chorus.
Is there any way to install the Campi Crank with adapters without voiding the warranty?
Thanks for your help
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know the maximum amount of spacer you can put between the basebar and arm pads?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Dt34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Im asking if I can fit some PRO Evolution Aero Extensions to my 2010 Specialized Shiv, ive noticed a few pros using them and are hoping the mounting bolts and bolt centers are the same, (given the extensions has slotted holes),

Regards

Neil
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Dt34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dt34 wrote:
Anyone know the maximum amount of spacer you can put between the basebar and arm pads?

50mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've scoured this thread, but haven't found my solution - I apologize if I didn't find what was already written. I am having trouble opening the rubber bladder cap to do a refill with one hand. The whole bladder assembly pulls up when I try to open the cap. I've seen lots of issues with the tube magnets not being strong enough (I must have the improved version since that seems to be fine), but the magnet that mates with the screw where the bladder assembly inserts into the frame seems to be the problem. Have people been replacing this magnet as well? Or am I just doing something wrong? (I am able to drink just fine, albeit with a Nathan bite valve on the Specialized tube, so I think the bladder is seated properly.) Thanks in advance for the help!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [rdm1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The magnet in my bladder assembly actually detached from the assembly. I could glue it back in, but it doesn't seem strong enough. I work around it by not refilling on the fly (using stop lights and such on training rides).

Before a long race, or if you just want to refill on the fly, you could open the cap, tape the rear tab of the bladder assembly to the top tube with electrical tape, and then close the cap with just enough of an opening that you could get a grip on it with finger/fingernail. It does seem like the cap is getting easier to open the more I open and close it.

Or you could replace the magnet, I guess, and still leave a little gap in the cap for leverage.

Also, I like to open the bladder up by poking ice cubes down into it before pouring water or electrolyte in. It stays cold as long as I need it to (until I've drunk all the water and have to refill).

Hope this helps!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [sandpaper7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That ice cube tip is gold, double whammy! Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ck1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What extensions are those?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CakeWalk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone who has a Shiv Pro or below feel slightly slighted that your bike just says Specialized and not S-Works?

Is the S-Works model only available with DI2?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bike isn't an S-Works. Why would I feel slighted that it doesn't say that it is? Should I also feel slighted that my Rival derailleur doesn't say Red?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're taking it the wrong way or rather I didn't mean for it to come out sounding badly.

Can you get an S-Works without DI2?? Surely someone knows.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you would need to buy the module and build it up to your own specs.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. That's kind of ridiculous. I guess the Pro would be the way to go. I don't want DI2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you buy the module you don't get Di2. It is just the frameset, bars, brakes and crankset. You then build it with whatever groupset and wheelset you like.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [sandpaper7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the comments and tips! I like the ice tip, works in my water pack while running, but I'm not sure I would have thought of dropping ice cubes into my bike frame!

For anyone who refills their bladder on the fly, I'd love to hear your tips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See that the 2013 product launch is on this week.

http://www.bikeradar.com/...launch-part-2-34577/

Waiting to see the new colour scheme for the expert model. Hoping its black.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [rdm1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an extra piece of the drinking tube in the bladder. It seems to keep the bladder from getting locked up and makes it fill easily.
I also insert a thin wire hanger down the drink tube when placing the bladder in the frame. The hanger goes almost all the way down and has a gradual bend to it so it guides the bladder down into the frame. When the bladder is all the way down and in place I pull the hanger out of the drink tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, like 747 posts and if it was mentioned, I missed it (sorry) but...

Waterbottle on the seat tube or not? Which is faster?

I think it was all of those bottles in the TdF prologue that got me a'thinkin'....

Joe
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [fastskiguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I read a specialized review and the seat tube bottle was minimal affect - like 1 watt or something and the best option.

It's gotta depend on your chosen distance though.
For me - bladder for sprint and Olympic.
70.3 will be bladder and large bottle - probably getting another bottle at aid station then.
Ironman I guess more of same or else saddle mount system also.

I did a training ride (90k) the weekend and managed to refill the bladder on the go - wasn't as tricky as I thought.
Had to sit up of course however once done obv sorted till bladder used up again.
Advantage over just drinking from the cage and replacing instead of filling bladder? Debateble I guess. Does enable more fluids to be on bike though if refilled.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fazz wrote:
I think I read a specialized review and the seat tube bottle was minimal affect - like 1 watt or something and the best option.

It's gotta depend on your chosen distance though.
For me - bladder for sprint and Olympic.
70.3 will be bladder and large bottle - probably getting another bottle at aid station then.
Ironman I guess more of same or else saddle mount system also.

I did a training ride (90k) the weekend and managed to refill the bladder on the go - wasn't as tricky as I thought.
Had to sit up of course however once done obv sorted till bladder used up again.
Advantage over just drinking from the cage and replacing instead of filling bladder? Debateble I guess. Does enable more fluids to be on bike though if refilled.

Yeah I'm thinking something like that, water in the bladder, some kind of liquid nutrition in the bottle, if it's +/- 1 watt then that is just fine. Cool, thanks man!
Quote Reply

Prev Next