Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Need a rear derailluer hanger for my Shiv Comp Rival. Current one is slightly bent. No one seems to have them. Specialized is only selling them to LBS in bulk packs of 5 and LBS are reluctant to stock up. Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Rasmus1310] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rasmus1310 wrote:
Hi,
Just wanted to post a picture of my new Shiv out enjoying the sun for the first time...!

Nice! That's an impressive red rocket.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [godekjames] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These are the same derailleur hanger parts as on the Venge, Tarmac, etc. Most Specialized shops should have them but if not, PM me and I'll link you with the warranty guys.

Also, the video for the Fuelselage install is a bit buried but here it is for everyone:

http://servicevideos.specialized.com/video/40046984

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey mark, where can I get a replacement xs/s hydration bladder for my shiv, Jim
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone had any luck getting a tube/co2 canister taped below the seat?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [godekjames] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Fuelselage can be ordered from the website:

http://www.specialized.com/...elagehydrationsystem

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MITaerobike wrote:
The Fuelselage can be ordered from the website:

http://www.specialized.com/...elagehydrationsystem

Mark

Thanks Mark, just ordered extra one

The tube and valve from my old Speedfil system works great, I used that setup along with the "yellow sponge" from PD for Eagleman and it worked great! Jim
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CakeWalk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So if I want the Shiv Expert is the only choice white? What if I want black instead? Can the color be selected or are you locked into the color marketed with the gruppo?

frexford
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized should make

1. a plastic aero box for spares, tubes etc. that will attach to the ST bottle cage mount, and fit flush with the frame
2. an aero bottle that fits properly in the lower triangle

Shiv owners would probably pay good money for either or both these things. The Virtue bottle seems to be a little awkward in this space...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [amagangan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
amagangan wrote:
Specialized should make

1. a plastic aero box for spares, tubes etc. that will attach to the ST bottle cage mount, and fit flush with the frame
2. an aero bottle that fits properly in the lower triangle

Shiv owners would probably pay good money for either or both these things. The Virtue bottle seems to be a little awkward in this space...

I doubt if I would buy either. With the bladder and a bottle BTA, hydration is taken care of. As for spares, I imagine a small aero bag on the back of the saddle would be near invisible to the wind.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with this.

Rapp uses a small pack behind the seat for a spare tube/co2 and he's all about the aerodynamics, so if he's doing it then I'm assuming it's pretty aero. Also agreed on the bladder + bottle on the aero bars being sufficient for any IM distance. The only other reason I could see for having additional hydration would be for long, unsupported training rides and for those, aero really doesn't matter so I have no qualms with sticking a regular bottle on the seat tube.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CakeWalk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any word on being able to get a Quarq PM with a 165 mm crank on the new Shiv? If so, in what configuration?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to ask if someone knows the approximate difference in frames weight in between a Specialized and S-Works.
It has to be approximate so the weight weenies don't burst a artery when they find their particular frame is 17 grams heavier than specified

I understand that these figures may be commercially sensitive but if the difference is sufficiently high it might sway buyers to consider
the higher specced model.

I live in New Zealand but am having to try to purchase (and have fitted) an XS Shiv in Australia for my wife and I can tell you there are NO stocks available out here and taking one for a ride is not an option.

The object of the question is to give some small justification to consider an S-Works frame set that IS available in Australia but is WAY WAY over my budget.

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Clayton,
I have a problem with my fuselage.
I sent you a pm regarding this.
Hope you can help me soon as races starting here soon.
Thanks,
Ricardo
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just pick her up today...am one very happy Ironman.

If in doubt, give it heaps!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ck1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ck1 wrote:
Just pick her up today...am one very happy Ironman.

Looks great. XS? Why did you swap out the cranks and do you find you have enough saddle to bar drop?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Small frame. I bought a frame set and put my own groupo on it. Position is pretty close, but might need some tweaking.

If in doubt, give it heaps!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ck1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very very nice.
Nicest Pro I've seen, wheels really work well IMO.

Good luck with it.
Ps - did you swap out bars for lower stack or just preference?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Pickles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I missing something obvious, how do you "open" the rear brake to make changing wheels easier? The brake is pretty narrow and tires don't slip in easily.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [rr_runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you really need to, squeeze the brake and pull the noodle out to open the brake. Alternatively you could use the barrel adjuster. Or, as a third option, inflate/deflate tyres as required when installing/removing.
I just have mine adjusted far enough out that I don't have any of these problems. Brakes still work fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Similar rear brake question - sometimes I get one side of the brake rubbing on my wheel a bit... how does one fix this with this brake which is kind of "free floating"?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [rr_runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The small set screws on each brake arm are for tuning the clearance of the pads and for ballancing left and right brake arms. Tightening the set screws will pull the pad away from the rim and loosening will make the brake tighter. Additionally, each brake shoe had a conical washer in between it and the brake arm. If you need more clearance (i.e. a Zipp 303, etc), you can remove these washers and run the pad shoes directly on the conical slot in the brake arm. This'll give you another 5mm of clearance.

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beautiful. I have the Pro but hate the aero extensions, which ones are you using?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else had an issue with the Fuelselage magnet coming off? When I removed mine to clean it, mine came off. I have tried glueing it , but it won't stay attached.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [kmeilkley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, that's not my bike. I just replied to the person who posted that pic. Reply to them and they can tell you about the extensions.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply

Prev Next