Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ENDURANCE FILMS ANNOUNCES CALL FOR RACING TEAM APPLICATIONS
Quote | Reply

ENDURANCE FILMS ANNOUNCES CALL FOR RACING TEAM APPLICATIONS

Endurance Films Racing Team Builds On Successes for Second Season

Louisville, KY – May 23, 2012 – ENDURANCE FILMS, the leading producer and distributor of endurance sports training multimedia, today announced a call for applications to the 2012 roster of its Endurance Films Racing Team.

Launched in 2011, the Endurance Films Racing Team debuted at USA Triathlon’s Age Group National Championships in Burlington, VT. The Racing Team is comprised of age group triathletes who are not only highly competitive, but also epitomize the best spirit of the multisport community. Last year, Endurance Films Racing Team athletes appeared in numerous global championships, including the Sprint World Championship, Duathlon World Championship, and the ITU Long Course World Championship. In addition to these global events, Racing Team members regularly competed across the United States in triathlons of all distances.

“We are excited to expand our Endurance Films Racing Team for 2012 and build on the accomplishments of our team from last year. Everything gelled perfectly, from the success of our athletes to the exposure our sponsors received, not only from our marketing campaigns, but from having a team of visible and vocal age group ambassadors for their brands,” said Eric Feller, CEO of Endurance Films.

“It’s humbling to see the level of dedication for our sport as demonstrated by age group triathletes and our Racing Team. Selecting our Endurance Films Racing Team is a challenge in itself since we get to see firsthand the passion our applicants have for triathlon as well as the phenomenal level of talent out there,” said Danny Kolker, VP of Production for Endurance Films. “We’re proud of our Racing Team’s accomplishments and we look forward to a great season in 2012!”

Age Group triathletes interested in applying to join the Endurance Films Racing Team may do so either by submitting a video or short essay at the Endurance Films Racing Team website (endurancefilms.com/racingteam). Submissions should detail why the applicant would make a great fit for the Endurance Films Racing Team. Applications must be received by June 30th. The Endurance Films Racing Team is supported by Champion System, TrainingPeaks, Aqua Sphere, SweatVac, EcoSportsBottle, and Jack Kane Custom Racing Bicycles.

About Endurance Films

Endurance Films is the recognized leader in full service HD video production focusing on the production and worldwide distribution of endurance sports training multimedia and entertainment. With partnerships spanning from national governing bodies and manufacturers, to professional athletes, coaches and experts in sports science and medicine, Endurance Films brings a wide range of experience and knowledge to the process of sports video production. Since 2000, Endurance Films has released top-selling videos in triathlon, marathon, cycling, strength training, yoga and more. Endurance Films is the official film production company of USA Triathlon and is a Silver Level Sponsor of USA Cycling. For more information, visit Endurance Films or the Endurance Films Facebook page.

####
For further information, contact: fortyninegroup, LLC e-mail: info@fortyninegroup.com phone: 212.246.7049

Quote Reply
OPEN LETTER TO TRIATHLETES APPLYING FOR THE ENDURANCE FILMS RACING TEAM [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greetings,

A new season is here, and with it comes a new opportunity for a select few triathletes – a chance to become part of the Endurance Films Racing Team (EFRT). As a sincerely grateful and enthusiastic member of the inaugural EFRT, I feel compelled to say a few words to those triathletes applying for this years team.

Being a member of EFRT has had the greatest effect on my short triathlon career. As a competitive age grouper in the men’s 40-44 age group, I have had to invest a lot of effort, time, money and more to indulge my triathlon ambitions. Without EFRT, I would have felt alone, just another middle age man in a race. Being on EFRT, however, made me feel special. The fact that I had to be selected for the team, the fact that I was now wearing a uniform and had sponsors, the fact that I had other teammates competing and making the podium at races across the country and even around the world, the fact that my race reports and blog posts were being read not just by a local audience, but a national audience, all of these things made me feel like a professional triathlete. This is exactly what Danny and Eric promised – to give an age grouper the chance to feel like a professional. This, in turn, motivated me to train and race harder and smarter. I do not know if I would have attempted Ironman South Africa had I not had been on EFRT. Finally, EFRT helped bring exposure to my other ambition, Fitness Trucking LLC. In a way, EFRT “legitimized” me as a triathlete, giving me the confidence to promote and project myself as such, which helped my Fitness Trucking business.

I share this because the benefits of being an EFRT member are not always obvious. Some people seek to become a “sponsored” athlete in order to get money or gear. And although Danny and Eric have made it possible for EFRT to get both, including some really sweet uniforms, if you are looking simply just to get stuff, this is not the team for you.

EFRT is not a club team. We do not live together or train together. Endurance Films has international exposure, and their DVDs are found all over the world. Buy a triathlon magazine in London or Port Elizabeth, South Africa, and guess what – you will find an Endurance Film DVD inside! So one of the responsibilities of being on EFRT is becomming an international ambassador, and many of my teammates are now competing in championships around the world.

The biggest responsibility, however, is becomming the best triathlete you can be and SHARING THAT EXPERIENCE ON THE EFRT BLOG, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, YOUTUBE AND OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA. We all learn and get inspired by the very dynamic experiences of each EFRT member. Without the communication of such, the team doesn’t grow. We have had some really fast EFRT members, some who have turned professional, who, unfortunately, did not communicate their journey. As a result, we as a team lost valuable opportunities to develop EFRT. So if you are just looking at EFRT as a stepping stone towards a professional career, then this is not the team for you. On the other hand, if you treat your triathlon training and racing with integrity, and are willing to be open and share your journey as it happens, then good luck and I hope to have you as an EFRT teammate this year in Burlington, Vermont at the USAT Age Group National Championships.
Quote Reply
Re: OPEN LETTER TO TRIATHLETES APPLYING FOR THE ENDURANCE FILMS RACING TEAM [siphiwe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Sip! You are awesome. So proud to have you a part of the Endurance Films Racing Team. You are a true inspiration to us all. Can't wait for AGNC and the 2012 EFRT class.
Quote Reply