Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ironman 70.3 Hawaii Pro start list
Quote | Reply
I was just on the website for this race and I don't see Crowie or that Lance guy on the start list. Is this a mistake? I thought that they were both racing. Does anyone have an accurate Pro start list for that race? Lieto and Greg Bennett are listed.
Last edited by: BLeP: May 28, 12 8:28
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Pro start list [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you looking at the participant list that hasn't been updated for 6 weeks, or another list?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Pro start list [Peanut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peanut wrote:
Are you looking at the participant list that hasn't been updated for 6 weeks, or another list?

The one that hasn't been updated for 6 weeks... D'oh.

Tweeted Crowie, he replied that he will be doing Eagleman on June 10th, but not IM 70.3 Hawaii.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Hawaii Pro start list [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the race timers, SPORTSTATS:

Pro List for Hawaii 70.3

1 MPRO Chris Lieto 2 MPRO Lance Armstrong 3 MPRO Greg Bennett 4 MPRO Matt Lieto 5 MPRO Maik Twelsiek 6 MPRO Timothy Marr 7 MPRO Timothy Beardall 8 MPRO James Bowstead 9 MPRO Mark Bowstead 10 MPRO Mac Brown 11 MPRO Guy Crawford 12 MPRO Jose Jeuland 14 MPRO Jim Lubinski 15 MPRO Jason Smith 16 MPRO Kevin Taddonio 17 MPRO Ollie Whistler 18 WPRO Bree Wee 19 WPRO Linsey Corbin 20 WPRO Samantha McGlone 21 WPRO Melanie McQuaid 22 WPRO Hillary Biscay 23 WPRO Kate Bevilaqua 24 WPRO Naomi Fergusson 25 WPRO Julia Grant 26 WPRO Heather Leiggi 27 WPRO Mackenzie Madison 28 WPRO Angela Axmann 29 WPRO Teresa Nelson 30 WPRO Karen Thibodeau 31 WPRO Tatiana Vertiz 32 WPRO Beth Walsh

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Hawaii Pro start list [Hairy Legs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hairy Legs wrote:
From the race timers, SPORTSTATS:

Pro List for Hawaii 70.3

1 MPRO Chris Lieto 2 MPRO Lance Armstrong 3 MPRO Greg Bennett 4 MPRO Matt Lieto 5 MPRO Maik Twelsiek 6 MPRO Timothy Marr 7 MPRO Timothy Beardall 8 MPRO James Bowstead 9 MPRO Mark Bowstead 10 MPRO Mac Brown 11 MPRO Guy Crawford 12 MPRO Jose Jeuland 14 MPRO Jim Lubinski 15 MPRO Jason Smith 16 MPRO Kevin Taddonio 17 MPRO Ollie Whistler 18 WPRO Bree Wee 19 WPRO Linsey Corbin 20 WPRO Samantha McGlone 21 WPRO Melanie McQuaid 22 WPRO Hillary Biscay 23 WPRO Kate Bevilaqua 24 WPRO Naomi Fergusson 25 WPRO Julia Grant 26 WPRO Heather Leiggi 27 WPRO Mackenzie Madison 28 WPRO Angela Axmann 29 WPRO Teresa Nelson 30 WPRO Karen Thibodeau 31 WPRO Tatiana Vertiz 32 WPRO Beth Walsh

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why would a pro choose Eagleman over Hawaii?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Pro start list [kdlsch111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kdlsch111 wrote:

Just a guess but he is likely getting an appearance fee to do Eagleman.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes sense. Just seemed odd that he entered Hawaii and then backed out. I thought it was odd because I dont believe Eagleman is an Ironman branded race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kdlsch111 wrote:

Cheaper to get to?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kdlsch111 wrote:
Makes sense. Just seemed odd that he entered Hawaii and then backed out. I thought it was odd because I dont believe Eagleman is an Ironman branded race.

Eagleman is an Ironman 70.3 race.

Crowie was scheduled to do it last year, but due to sickness/injury had to withdraw, so he says that he wants to go race what he missed last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eagleman is an Ironman branded event. I don't know if Crowie was ever signed up for Hawaii. He's in Hawaii right now as part of the super expensive shake hands with Lance training camp.

The field for Eagleman is not stellar. Crowie's main competition will come from Tollakson and Cunningham.

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Pro start list [OldFart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OldFart wrote:
Crowie was scheduled to do it last year, but due to sickness/injury had to withdraw, so he says that he wants to go race what he missed last year.

From reading Jordan's posts on the weekend I have less of a tendency to believe this now. Again, this is just a guess but I think he signed a deal to race there last year, got sick and this year is making his appearance in lieu of last year.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
50k prize purse at Eagleman, 15k prize purse at Hawaii...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Hawaii Pro start list [Hairy Legs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, both pro lists are so lite. I guess there is a lot of dillution on the pro ranks with all the races. In the women's its only about 2 or 3 deep of anyone who is anyone. In the men there is only about 4 who anyones ever heard of. I will bet that Lieto and Lance will be screaming down the hill from Havi. Its will be a good prelude to the same situation in October when both try to seperate from the field and burn on the run...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Hawaii Pro start list [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance isn't doing a camp until late September.

Aloha
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Hawaii Pro start list [taos111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear that Twelsiek guy knows how to ride a bike too.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Hawaii Pro start list [landcruiserbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
landcruiserbob wrote:
Lance isn't doing a camp until late September.

Aloha
In Reply To:

Lance and friends just ended. May 26th-28th. $25,000 each.

http://www.sbrwithlanceandfriends.com/The_Team.htm

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Hawaii Pro start list [JimR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks like Lance is in for another win. Only pro who could have beat him is Crowie but it sounds like he won't be attending.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Hawaii Pro start list [cyclops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Trek boys could both be top 5.....this should be good!

cyclops wrote:
looks like Lance is in for another win. Only pro who could have beat him is Crowie but it sounds like he won't be attending.

----

Yeah,another race full of nobody's....

----

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd agree he's the favorite, but it is a somewhat stronger field than Florida 70.3. Twelsiek and Lieto are both legitimate. Lieto's probably better at 70.3 than IM for that matter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclops wrote:

I wouldn't bet on it. Chris Leito is far more familiar with the course including the run course. And Maik Twelsiek isn't exactly a stranger out here. Though Lance has trained out here, he's yet to compete here. Personally I'm thinking someone else wins.

---------------------------------------------------------
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- A fake Albert Einstein "quote"
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Hawaii Pro start list [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
Yeah,another race full of nobody's....]

FYI, The 70.3 Hawaii race wasn't designed to appeal to Pro's. And it still isn't. Pro's come out here for it but if they win, they're going to get far far more from their sponsors than prize money.

---------------------------------------------------------
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- A fake Albert Einstein "quote"
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Hawaii Pro start list [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance & friends was posponed until the fall. My hotel was hosting it....
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman 70.3 Hawaii Pro start list [KonaCoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KonaCoffee wrote:
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
Yeah,another race full of nobody's....]

FYI, The 70.3 Hawaii race wasn't designed to appeal to Pro's. And it still isn't. Pro's come out here for it but if they win, they're going to get far far more from their sponsors than prize money.

--

Okay,what shade of pink do I have to post jokes in?

Pro's should want to race the best in the business all the time.Unfortunately the lame prisemoney on offer in the sport means that sometimes they have to chase the money instead.I'd want to be in Hawaii for this race but then again this shit is just a lifestyle and not a job for me.

--
Quote Reply

Prev Next