Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM St. George thread- The last running today [BarbBikeTechie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barb,

Sorry to hear what a tough day it was out there. Somehow Athlete tracker missed you all together and we thought you must have taken a pass on the day.

Take care,

Hugh & Deni

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: IM St. George thread- The last running today [1fastbeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1fastbeaver wrote:
Next think you know, they will give EVERYONE a metal. This crap has to stop!

WTF is your problem? They pulled their chip. They get no time. They are not official finishers. They may or may not get medals at the finish line. All WTC is doing is allowing them to continue on the course and consume materials from the aid station. What is wrong with that. These people paid $700 for the privilege to be there. What is wrong with allowing them to continue on the course even if they are unofficial?
Quote Reply
Re: IM St. George thread- The last running today [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That says a lot: "The run, which is never the easiest part, was the easiest part today."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Athlete tracker appears to have been down now for more than an hour. Grrrrr

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: IM St. George thread- The last running today [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jodi wrote:

Jodi

Yeah at least if not closer to two.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rumors of a fatality today. Anyone heard anything?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
Jodi wrote:

Jodi

The athlete tracker on the Ironman site is working fine for me. I've been looking up people with no problem...
Quote Reply
Re: IM St. George thread- The last running today [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told that there were not any fatalities. But of course that could be wrong. It seems though that we would have heard about a fatality as word travels fast in the triathlon community...
Quote Reply
Re: IM St. George thread- The last running today [arctical] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
arctical wrote:
sciguy wrote:
Jodi wrote:

Jodi

The athlete tracker on the Ironman site is working fine for me. I've been looking up people with no problem...

Interesting....I can't see any data more than about 8 and a half hours into the race.

Hugh

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still more than 2 hours delayed for me. Shows none of the pros have finished.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
arctical wrote:
sciguy wrote:
Jodi wrote:

Jodi

No problems if you wonder about several hours ago;)

Quote Reply
Re: IM St. George thread- The last running today [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's weird for me. Once I look someone up, no amount of refreshing, reloading, etc will update it. Athlete tracker always does this for me though. I'm on an iPad if it matters.
Quote Reply
Re: IM St. George thread- The last running today [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elsa wrote:
It's weird for me. Once I look someone up, no amount of refreshing, reloading, etc will update it. Athlete tracker always does this for me though. I'm on an iPad if it matters.

Sometimes you need to clear the cache but I've been doing that with no luck.

Hugh

Quote Reply
Re: IM St. George thread- The last running today [almost tri-ing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
almost tri-ing wrote:
I was told that there were not any fatalities. But of course that could be wrong. It seems though that we would have heard about a fatality as word travels fast in the triathlon community...

I hope that's the case.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tracker has been dead for me for >3 hours now. This is sub optimal viewing, although better than Wildflower :-(
Quote Reply
Re: IM St. George thread- The last running today [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
almost tri-ing wrote:

I hope that's the case.

Despite today's brutal conditions, there have been no critical incidents. Just the normal Ironman woes. That's a testament to our amazing staff & volunteers.

Quote Reply
Re: IM St. George thread- The last running today [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't get any updates on the IM site. Anyone have an update on Larkin?
Quote Reply
Re: IM St. George thread- The last running today [Bonehead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No update, but I suspect he still has several minutes to get into the finish chute given the swim and bike times were slower than his normal standards. He's well positioned for a kona slot though!
Quote Reply
Re: IM St. George thread- The last running today [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just won the AG. I can't believe. The conditions were the worst I have ever raced in by a long shot. White caps and 3 foot swells on the res. they said if the race had started 20min later they would have canceled the swim. The bike was 30-40mph gust that just ripped the field apart. I never let it get to me and started the run feeling ok...and then not so ok. First was 20min ahead of me off the bike but by lap 2 I had narrowed that to 5min. I caught him at mile 22 and ran scared as my ZOOT teammate Jim Atkinson was coming on strong. But I held on. The slowest Ironman I have ever done...and the most satisfying by far. I did it, I can't believ I did it.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: IM St. George thread- The last running today [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
I just won the AG. I can't believe. The conditions were the worst I have ever raced in by a long shot. White caps and 3 foot swells on the res. they said if the race had started 20min later they would have canceled the swim. The bike was 30-40mph gust that just ripped the field apart. I never let it get to me and started the run feeling ok...and then not so ok. First was 20min ahead of me off the bike but by lap 2 I had narrowed that to 5min. I caught him at mile 22 and ran scared as my ZOOT teammate Jim Atkinson was coming on strong. But I held on. The slowest Ironman I have ever done...and the most satisfying by far. I did it, I can't believ I did it.

Wow - way to go, Bryan!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:

Comgratulations! You looked great crossing the finish line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats Bryan!!!!

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job Bryan!

It is the mind itself which builds the body.
-Joseph Pilates
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic job on a brutal day, Bryan - Congratulations!
Quote Reply

Prev Next