Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Sunglass recommendations for a small face
Quote | Reply
Ladies,

I'm seeking recommendations for sunglasses for cycling. I have a very small head and face. I've had a few pairs of the Performance women's version. They fit ok, but are cheap and don't last long. Prefer interchangeable lens if possible. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Sunglass recommendations for a small face [sbj405] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be watching this thread closely. I also have a very small head/face. Before I had PRK on my eyes, I had to buy my glasses in the children's section - no kidding! Do you know how hard it is to find professional-looking glasses that don't have Spongebob, Strawberry Shortcake or Care Bears on them?!?!

Good luck! I am currently wearing some cheap kids sunglasses I purchased at our local sports (big box) store.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had decent luck with the Ryders Swan sunglasses but I'm not sure if they make them anymore. They were under $100 and had interchangeable lenses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am pretty small and I wear Ryders Optimisers. They have interchangeable lenses. I have had a pair that have lasted many years. The only thing I had to do was to replace the rubber piece off the arm as I lost it. I find these glasses great. I can't work out how to add a picture ..... sorry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'll third a recommendation for ryders - i, too, have a small head and face but i have a pair that my dad gave me (he won them at a motorcycle rally; i don't know the model) that i love for cycling. i also have a pair of oakley zero S that i use for racing which work just fine.

many of the higher-end sunglass companies (oakley, rudy, etc) actually give a face size recommendation for different models.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
If they still make them, I suggest the Smith "Toaster"
I had a pair I loved until the dog ate them. They had interchangable lenses and were just super.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a very small face as well and have a terrible time finding sunglasses. Oakley has good glasses for women, I like the Commit AV for sports.

http://www.oakley.com/women/products/6269

Tifosi also does pretty well on some of theirs. I have these. Or had, because I just found them with a big scratch on the lense :-( They are still a little big but they provide great coverage without making me look like I'm wearing ski goggles.

http://www.tifosioptics.com/...Vogel&niche=WSD/

I just spent a ridiclous amount of money on a pair of Maui Jim's Aviators because I finally found a pair that fit. They were my birthday present to myself and I love them for casual days. I'll never spend this much again on a pair of sunglasses but I've been looking for aviators for a couple years now.

http://www.mauijim.com/baby-beach-4709.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear Oakley Pace and I love them. Great for sport and casual. I got them with photochromatic lenses, so I don't have to change the lens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a very small head and always have trouble finding small glasses, hats, etc. that fit properly. I have a pair of Smith Pivlock V90s and I love them! There's zero frame above or below which makes them ideal on the bike. They come with interchangeable lenses. I almost always use the Ignitor; it seems to work in just about any light condition from overcast to full sun. (Note - I suggest the Pivlock 90, not the big brother, Pivlock 90 Max)
Quote Reply
Re: Sunglass recommendations for a small face [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I loved my old Toasters too for the narrow fit, but recently lost them. Can't stand the newer pair -- won't stay on just walking around, let alone for running/cycling. Seems they are significantly wider, or hinges are more flexible (or my head is shrinking). Bummer.

http://www.extramilenutrition.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sunglass recommendations for a small face [greenjp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have BBB's - don't know the style name but they have a small ladies model with interchangeable lenses. not pricy. (i buy kids speedo swimming goggles and can't get a regular ca[ to fit without mushing my ears down!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the Smith Toasters. I am on my 3rd pair, but wear them for running, not riding. They just discontinued them, but you can order off Amazon or other sites. I wear Oakley's for riding. They wrap around my face better for the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Sunglass recommendations for a small face [kben102] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can find women's caps and whenever I see one I grab it. I have the same problem. I have an Adidas on that fits perfectly. I don't own anything else Adidas and haven't for year but I'll never let this one go.

Nike is also really good about women's fit caps. The cut is comfortable. They also have visors which are also usually a problem for me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.cvconsultants.co.uk
sbj405 wrote:
Ladies,

I'm seeking recommendations for sunglasses for cycling. I have a very small head and face. I've had a few pairs of the Performance women's version. They fit ok, but are cheap and don't last long. Prefer interchangeable lens if possible. Thanks.

Spy has some models for women, along with the MicroScoop series, which tends to be pretty small. Their Meteor series is also small, though slightly larger than the MicroScoop. Rudy Project has some smaller models as well.
Also, checkout Rudy Project's Graal SX. These are very small compact glasses for smaller faces. But they look cool so you won't sacrifice fashion points.
Last edited by: Bartels: Jun 17, 12 6:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up going with the Tifosi Wisp http://www.rei.com/...hangeable-sunglasses They aren't polarized, but aside from that I've been pretty happy so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear Rydon II's from Rudy Project--they are great!

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oakley makes some models in "Asian fit" which fit smaller faces, and of course they also have a women's line. Zeal makes some models that are advertised as for small faces as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also love my Smith toaster sunglasses and I have a very small face!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rudy Project and Smith Optics both have several excellent options for smaller faces.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Sunglass recommendations for a small face [alligatorCAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rudy's ryndon's are great for a smaller face.
Quote Reply
Re: Sunglass recommendations for a small face [mmez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maui Baby Beach sunglasses will fit small faces perfectly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Rudy Rydon and Oakley Commit; both work well for me. I have a pretty small face and sometimes can wear kid's glasses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Wisps and love them for running and mountain biking. However, they didn't work so well on the tri bike as I felt like I had to look through the plastic rim. I ended up purchasing a pair of Vogels (as JenSw recommended above) and love them. They are so light!
Quote Reply
Re: Sunglass recommendations for a small face [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
instigator wrote:
I have the Wisps and love them for running and mountain biking. However, they didn't work so well on the tri bike as I felt like I had to look through the plastic rim. I ended up purchasing a pair of Vogels (as JenSw recommended above) and love them. They are so light!

Yep, I found the same problem with the wisps. But I usually wear differently glasses on the bike and run. I found some cheap Caribbean Jacks that work pretty good on the bike....my Rudy projects are more comfortable...but they are really finicky with fogging in humid conditions...the CJ don't steam up.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Sunglass recommendations for a small face [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:

Tifosi also does pretty well on some of theirs. I have these. Or had, because I just found them with a big scratch on the lense :-( They are still a little big but they provide great coverage without making me look like I'm wearing ski goggles.

http://www.tifosioptics.com/...Vogel&niche=WSD/

Thank you for the suggestion. I ordered a pair from amazon a few weeks ago and I love them! No more foggy, kids glasses or huge bug face for me!
Quote Reply

Prev Next