Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Video of hit-and-run in Berkeley
Quote | Reply
http://sfist.com/...ey_driver_caught.php

Hit and run on two cyclists, possibly this morning, on Tunnel Rd. Cyclists appear okay. Video from one of the riders. Black late 1990's two-door Acura Integra with spoiler, partial license plate 3xTx9xx.
Quote Reply
Re: Video of hit-and-run in Berkeley [RChung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be surprised if someone good at video editing couldn't get that license plate number. Pretty good view of it at the end.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow and nobody stopped either. Did they go to police with it? They should be able to get LP number.

Re: Video of hit-and-run in Berkeley [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's probably clear in the original video, transcoded video on youtube from the gopros is notoriously inferior.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks to me like the plate was fuzzed out by the editor....

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That wasn't even close! the car was waaaaay into the cyclists lane and clocked them both! Far out!

My first thought is someone with a hangover just not paying attention. (Or still drunk from the night before)

I'd say it's pretty likely the driver will get caught and busted, but stranger things have happened.

Glad they both seem OK-ish

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
late 90's up to a 2001 Acura Integra.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. Hope they made it out as well as it seems. Should be fairly easy to get that plate off of the original video. They may want to edit the part where they blew through those two stop signs.

I can't imagine riding on roads like that for an extended period of time and NOT being hit at some point. Scary roads.
Quote Reply
Re: Video of hit-and-run in Berkeley [jheebner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sitting her with my broken clavicle to thank for a driver that pooled out in front of our group ride. Guess its hard to see 60 plus bikes rolling at you? Must be our 0% boddy fat.

Please forgive typo's and poor grammer. Most posting performed on my not so smart phone.
Quote Reply
Re: Video of hit-and-run in Berkeley [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:

A poster for that story remarked: 1995 Acura Integra, plates 3LTK904
Quote Reply
Re: Video of hit-and-run in Berkeley [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jodi wrote:
I would be surprised if someone good at video editing couldn't get that license plate number. Pretty good view of it at the end.

Jodi

Let's enhance the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq9yj2pVWk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope they are OK, I was hit in a similar situation last year. Totally sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Video of hit-and-run in Berkeley [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bmanners wrote:
Wow and nobody stopped either. Did they go to police with it? They should be able to get LP number.

I recently moved to Berkeley, and one of the things that struck me was that people don't like cyclists as much as anywhere else. I've also noticed an absurd amount of drivers talking on their cell phones & texting even though the law prohibits it. Not sure if that lead to this particular collision, however I will certainly be more aware next time I head up Tunnel.
Quote Reply
Re: Video of hit-and-run in Berkeley [kbmcdowell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kbmcdowell wrote:
Burnt Toast wrote:

A poster for that story remarked: 1995 Acura Integra, plates 3LTK904

95 Integra definitely is what it looks like. My dad had one of those for many years. You can tell by the rear bumper which does not have the vents/slats that the 1998 integra has. This is a disgusting act, and they need to catch this person ASAP
Quote Reply
Re: Video of hit-and-run in Berkeley [justkeepedaling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is terrible. I hope the driver has already been caught!
Quote Reply
Re: Video of hit-and-run in Berkeley [Toby Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Video of hit-and-run in Berkeley [hammonjj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hammonjj wrote:

I'm seriously considering getting a GoPro Hero2 because of this and other posts. Mount it on the back of the bike, and my iPhone for video from the front.
Quote Reply
Re: Video of hit-and-run in Berkeley [kbmcdowell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kbmcdowell wrote:
hammonjj wrote:

I'm seriously considering getting a GoPro Hero2 because of this and other posts. Mount it on the back of the bike, and my iPhone for video from the front.

Yea no doubt. I was just thing the same thing. How aero do you think one of those are? But seriously you almost have to these days. I think a helmut mounted one would be good for these assholes who like to throw thnigs at people. Look right at em and dont need to worry about remembering the licence plate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone posted the following on the local racing email list from the victim:

"Thank guys for your support! Yesterday I went to the police department and I reported the crime. I also gave the video to the police officer. It was possible to identify the number of the car on the video. The police have located the car and the owner. Now I'm waiting for the return of the police on the case."

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Video of hit-and-run in Berkeley [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the update.
let us know if there are any other developments.

Quote | Reply
Woot.com has another GoPro type item for sale right now.
Swann FreeStyle 1080p Action Cam $139.99

Brett Miller
Cydesdale Triathlon
M2 Revolution
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trackie clm wrote:

"Thank guys for your support! Yesterday I went to the police department and I reported the crime. I also gave the video to the police officer. It was possible to identify the number of the car on the video. The police have located the car and the owner. Now I'm waiting for the return of the police on the case."

Excellent news.
Quote Reply
Re: Video of hit-and-run in Berkeley [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty scary that there were other cars behind the acura that just kept driving as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trackie clm wrote:

That's awesome...hopefully some justice will be dished out.
Quote Reply
Re: Video of hit-and-run in Berkeley [jheebner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jheebner wrote:
they may want to edit the part where they blew through those two stop signs.

Unfortunately, yes they definitely should have edited that out. There already were plenty of comments streaming in last night when I saw this about how they deserved to be hit for not obeying traffic laws.

Yes, blowing stop signs can be dangerous, but it obviously had absolutely nothing to do with being hit in this case. Yet, that seems to make this somehow justified for a nontrivial amount of motorists viewing this video.
Quote Reply

Prev Next