Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [art] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure what I would do when the shifter come out. What I built is much less expensive I think but still a bit rediculous. I disassembled an ultegra Ui2 STI shifter to get the control box out. This was the most expensive part but I got those on sale. Aside from that the shifters were cheap. The 4 buttons on the aero bars were under $10 (for all of them), the carbon fiber tube was $10, the cateye buttons (4 buttons R and L) were $18, wire was under $10 and I have lots of that left. So about $50 (plus the STI Ui2 shifter) for the bar end and bull horn shifters. I would guess the shimano set up will be much more expensive.

DA Di2 does make the battery easier as you don't need the battery holder. Calfee has a bunch of battery solutions. They are way overpriced for what you are getting but good solutions for those who don't want to tinker. If you do go Di2 I would definitly suggest you hide the battery rather than but it on the left seat stay.

JW

JW (on the comback trail)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark,

Aerodynamically, what bottle do you recommend for the seat tube?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
art wrote:
Mark,

Aerodynamically, what bottle do you recommend for the seat tube?

Good question, I`m also interested by the answer.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw your posts earlier on the subject but I don't think we ever got an answer. I wouldn't mind using the Virtue bottle, but *really* don't want to drill out new holes in my new frame to make it fit, especially if they're going to come out with a bottle eventually anyways. I was wondering if there were other aero bottle options that fit/were recommended, or maybe whether Specialized had done the tunnel testing to show whether a round bottle negatively affected aerodynamics.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dongustav,

A SHIV TT fitting question:

I require the following fit:

APStack=53 CM
APReach=48 CM

DROP=20 CM

top of PURSUIT BAR (BULL HORN) REACH = 65 CM
(all +- 1 CM)

Im about to order from UK SHIV TT, but need FITTING guidance since the charts I cannot trust really. What size would you recommend (lowest arm pad stack needed) that you can measure from your FRAME (size ??).

This question also goes to the "GURUS" Marc &Co, please (ASAP, since National champs in Albania due end of May)

much obliged
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
art wrote:
I saw your posts earlier on the subject but I don't think we ever got an answer. I wouldn't mind using the Virtue bottle, but *really* don't want to drill out new holes in my new frame to make it fit, especially if they're going to come out with a bottle eventually anyways. I was wondering if there were other aero bottle options that fit/were recommended, or maybe whether Specialized had done the tunnel testing to show whether a round bottle negatively affected aerodynamics.

I looked into this and it seems that the way to use the Virtue bottle is to purchase the Shimano DI2 battery/water bottle relocater bracket. I use it on my Venge and cant say I have tried it on the Shiv but from all accounts - it will work.

-S
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [LEGSTRONG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LEGSTRONG wrote:
dongustav,

A SHIV TT fitting question:

I require the following fit:

APStack=53 CM
APReach=48 CM

DROP=20 CM

top of PURSUIT BAR (BULL HORN) REACH = 65 CM
(all +- 1 CM)

Im about to order from UK SHIV TT, but need FITTING guidance since the charts I cannot trust really. What size would you recommend (lowest arm pad stack needed) that you can measure from your FRAME (size ??).

This question also goes to the "GURUS" Marc &Co, please (ASAP, since National champs in Albania due end of May)

much obliged

Hi-
I have a large, and the stack & reach on the Spec website is bang on, so I'd assume that would be consistent across sizes. As you probably know, the stack for the S through XL sizes is identical, both arm pad stack and frame stack. And they're all too big for you (543mm shortest possible APStack.) So you'd need an XS frameset to get low enough. However the reach on the XS maxes out at 45cm to center of pad. If you currently ride with your forearms on the pads, you could in theory have the pads on the shiv hit you at the elbows & fit the XS. Then you could try a different aerobar, ST member tetonrider has taken a crack at fabricating a Shiv stem to fit standard aerobars, so you could run the Pro Missile or similar and you might be able to stretch out that way. Or, get a Medium frame, tolerate being 1cm higher to the pads (543mm min) and be bang-on for reach (480mm max reach).
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome,
My predictions were Medium too,thanks for that. At least the chart is correct, i'm glad. Stackwize, i could in theory lower the height by using thinner pads isn't it!?

The only issues remain from now :

-Di2 Install !!!,
-Vision Trimax Aero cranks
-Rotor/o-Symetric chainset
-Berner mod

I sorta like the Pro Missile aero bar and its versatility, but prefer the thinness of the generic bar (unless it troubles the Di2 setup! )
Again i thank you for your resourceful reply that literally put me on to safe trax, the rest will be history! :)
cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [LEGSTRONG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody have any issues installing the Garmin speed/cadence sensor with 808's ? Is this bike ANT + ? I have the S-works Di2 version .

Thx!!
Last edited by: Stusername: Apr 29, 12 6:03
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Had it a few weeks now, got a Retul end of week and Ill take some better photos.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Lopansman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey how did you get the blue stripes? Stickers, paint...???
Looks good
Last edited by: JMarkel9: Apr 30, 12 7:24
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [JMarkel9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The comp frame in the uk is just a gloss blue version similar to the gloss red pro frame. It's probably more expensive over here so to justify it they've probably upgraded the paint spec, just my thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Stusername] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problems with the garmin sensor with 808s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mark,

Is there any way to purchase just the stem cap to the PRO model? I was dialing my fit in and the cap was loosely held by the screw (I think the screw had torqued its way through the cap's plastic?). Went over a pothole and next thing I know one of the stem spacers and the cap had popped off. I found the extra spacer but no such luck with the integrated stem cap!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Lopansman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The blue just started shipping in the US. It's a second colorway of the Comp.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [realtalk411] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Contact your dealer and have them track one down through the service and warranty dept. We do have stems as service parts but they'll likely have to find one for you.

No prob!

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Will do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here in NZ. Matt black and gloss available in Wellington.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: concededpenguin: Sep 20, 13 10:47
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: concededpenguin: Sep 20, 13 10:48
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [concededpenguin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
concededpenguin wrote:
Both the Shiv TT and Transition appear to use center pull brakes. Which one (if not both) shares the same mounting studs as the Shiv Tri? Would a retrofit require just ordering the center pull brake and installing, or is it more involved?

I'm pretty sure the mounting studs are consistent across all of them...you'd need to rig up a cable stop is about all I can imagine.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that was a fast response! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking at getting a repair stand. Anyone have any particular one in mind when it comes to the 2012 Shiv? I was looking at either Park Tool's PCS-10 or PRS-20. I just wasn't sure which one was better. I like the idea of not having to support the bike by the seatpost. Thoughts?
Last edited by: kello711: May 2, 12 16:02
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X3

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [kello711] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I was looking at getting a repair stand. Anyone have any particular one in mind when it comes to the 2012 Shiv? I was looking at either Park Tool's PCS-10 or PRS-20. I just wasn't sure which one was better. I like the idea of not having to support the bike by the seatpost. Thoughts?

I have the
PRS-2O and I really like it. It does take a little longer to get the bike on than the PCS-10 but I worry about clamping my carbon bike by only the top tube. The PRS-20 holds the bike securely and the stand is very easy to manipulate/adjust.

Quote Reply

Prev Next