Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vision Tech Aerobars
Quote | Reply
I have a set of Syntace C2 arerobars on my softride rocket with cowhorns. Nashbar is selling Vison tech bars for $129. I was wondering if anybody had any idea if this is worth the upgrade. I am doing my first iron distance race this fall (gft). I read Tom D's review on the bars and they sound good, but realistically is this worth the bucks. The deal is pretty good.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Tech Aerobars [JBergmann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These are the older ones for 1" threaded. They're still among the most aero of all aero bars. A heck of a good deal when you consider what the new ones cost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bold move putting a new cockpit on your bike 2 months before your A-race. I usually save that kind of monkeying around for the winter/spring.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Tech Aerobars [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My fork is 1 inch threaded so that is why I was looking. Is this a stupid move with 2 months to the big dance?

Jon Bergmann
http://jonbergmann.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you've got plenty of time to get used to the bars.

Heck, I'm doing the Duke Blue Devil in 2 months and I still don't have the bike I plan to ride! As a matter of fact, I have a set of the Nashbar Visiontech's in my garage just waiting for the frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You probably have time to get used to the new bars and shake out any mechanical problems before your race. However, this assumes that your new bars will put you in exactly the same position as your old bars. You're probably putting in some pretty decent bike miles right now. My question to you is, do you want to go out and ride 80 miles in a new position and risk injury? Or, are you willing to ease back on your mileage in order to adjust to your slightly different position?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think that you'll have a problem this far out. Look at how many people seem to do a bunch of riding on their road bikes and then pull out the time trial bike for races only (not me). Just pull the trigger on the new purchase and get them installed real quick so that you have at least a month of your big rides to get used to them before you start to back off and taper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
heck yeah. you should buy them. I got the tri max plus's because the ones you specked were way topo low for me.

My only thought is that the Visions are significantly lower than your existing earo bars at the braking handles and this took me about at least a month of riding 3/week to get used to.

My long rides were difficult during the adjustment period.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Tech Aerobars [Graz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK: One more question guys. The are selling both the 10 degree and 0 degree bars. I don't know which to get. I have taken a couple of pics of my present setup and posted them on the web at: http://home.comcast.net/...unsleep/Softride.htm Please look and see what I have now so that I get the right bars. I can measure the width of the bars since they have several widths as well. Thanks in advance for all of your help. I showed my wife online the new bars and she said: get them. That's good enough for me.

Jon Bergmann
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mate; don't forget to use the code CR181 on the nashbar site for an extra 10% discount. I'm in the UK, but I've just got a buddy in the US to forward some of these bars to me 'cause they're so cheap. I went for the tri max ones, but going by your pic, yours look like 0 degrees, so you might want to get the aero....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
OK: One more question guys. The are selling both the 10 degree and 0 degree bars. I don't know which to get. I have taken a couple of pics of my present setup and posted them on the web at: http://home.comcast.net/...unsleep/Softride.htm Please look and see what I have now so that I get the right bars. I can measure the width of the bars since they have several widths as well. Thanks in advance for all of your help. I showed my wife online the new bars and she said: get them. That's good enough for me.

JB -- I'd recommend the aero version, which right now the Nashbar site only has in the 42cm medium. So the size issue is moot.

You can always raise the pads a little if you feel you need to -- the spacers come in different widths and can be stacked.

Have raced on these for two years and love them. Just bought a pair myself for my other bike -- that's a super price with the code discount (a third of what I paid for my first set).

PS: Isn't Graz Arnold S.'s home town?
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Tech Aerobars [The Joker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the tip on teh code. I used it and got my 10%. You the man. I ordered them and I will post a picture of the bike once installed.

Jon Bergmann
Quote Reply