Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stolen Items
Quote | Reply
I came across this notice about stolen bikes and parts:

Stolen Bicycles
Please Help

Hey Friends,

I try to keep these emails strictly about our bike rides and related info, but this one crossed my desk from an Eastern Collegiate Cycling Conference team and seemed important to me:
Eleven bikes were stolen Saturday night from our van in the hotel parking lot in West Haven. A few have been recovered. We are working with the police department right now. I'm attaching a list of the bikes that have not been found.

Please take a moment to check the attached list and forward it to bike shops, email lists, etc -- as many people as possible in case the thieves attempt to sell.

The lock on our van was smashed off. We can't emphasize enough: bike thefts from vehicles are a real threat. Please take precautions, and bring your bikes into your hotel rooms; we don't want this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Contact Sophy Lee (832 364 1615; stlee26@gmail.com) with information.

1. Specialized Amira bicycle (blue carbon fiber) with Shimano Ultegra; Mavic Open Pro wheels with powertap hub and Michelin Pro 3 tires; HED Stinger 4 race wheels (black, carbon fiber, HED on the side wall)

2. White/red 61cm Felt Z5 with Shimano 105 components; Mavic CXP-22 wheels; Garmin Edge 305 bike computer

3. Black/red Specialized Tarmac bicycle w/ Ultegra. Bontrager Race XXX-Lite front wheel (rear wheel separate in wheel bag), Mavic Open Pro rear with Powertap. Joule 2.0 computer attached to stem.

4. Black Ghisallo bicycle; Shimano 105 components; Look pedals; yellow Japanese police sticker on frame

5. Cannondale CAAD10 bicycle, Cateye double wireless bike computer, shimano pedals

6. LeMond Nevada City bicycle (Color: Blue and White); white bar tape, blue saddle, silver Mavic Aksium wheels; Cateye Micro Computer (attached)

7. Wheel - Bontrager Select, Bontrager race lite tire, front

8. Wheel - rear Mavic Ksyrium - black, black tire

9. Mavic Carbone race wheels with black tires; Shimano training wheels with yellow and black tires

I have absolutely no additional info on this than what you see above, so if you have any news or questions please contact those folks from the team, above. I promise the next email will be more fun.

Thanks,

Glen

Quote Reply