Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

650's in colors?
Quote | Reply
OK, so I am a woman and a triathlete. I want 650 tires with the great colors they make in 700's

My two year old QR Kilo came with them, but those tires are not made anymore.

I have searched and cannot find something with say black/yellow. Really wanted Grand Prix 3000, but those only come in black.

If you know where to get colored 650's lemme know!
Quote Reply
Re: 650's in colors? [lajollaseal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in a LBS last night and saw yellow 650 tubulars,cant remember what brand they were,let me know if you need tubulars and i will go check for a brand name
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the Hutchinson clinchers from Hutchinson at Supergo.com or if you are interested in Tufo's clincher/tubular you can get colors ( tri-zone.com ).
Quote Reply
Re: 650's in colors? [mn_leaf_fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check this link to bike nashbar. They have Grand Prix 3000 orange tires on sale for $30 (clincher).

http://www.nashbar.com/...retype=&estoreid=
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"OK, so I am a woman and a triathlete."

You don't need to make excuses to want a rad looking bike. I'm all about colored tires. It's about the look, baby!!! Sorry, I ride 700c, can't help with the 650s. Too bad Michelin Pro Race tires only come in black for that size. Those tires are rad!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vredestein TriComps come in black, red, yellow, blue, and orange, with the added benefit of being great tires.

http://www.vredesteinusa.com/...tyres/index.html#ftc

If you can't find them locally, rattle my cage, I'm getting a boat load in next week.

Cheers,

-bobo

"What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak-minded."
Quote Reply
Re: 650's in colors? [bobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rockin'!!!! I love those! How is the wear out factor? Can I change 'em without needing arms like Popeye?

Thanks!

Trisha
Quote Reply
Re: 650's in colors? [mn_leaf_fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mn_leaf_fan-

Ya, I really wanted those, but did not see colors in 650. Thanks though. - Trisha
Last edited by: lajollaseal: Aug 7, 03 10:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The TriComps go on much easier than something like a Michelin, plus they're rated at 145psi. Wear is decent, they have a harder center section and softer compound on the sides, which makes fast cornering feel much more stable.

"What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak-minded."
Quote Reply
Re: 650's in colors? [bobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Bobo,

Good to see you're back. Don't forget about the Tufo S3 Lites. I bought three in yellow from you last August (2002). I hear they're great tires. I'm still waiting for you to send them.

I know this isn't the place to bring it up. You're certainly an asset to the sport and probably a great merchant. Please send the tires or a refund. You've got my emails.

Mike McConnell
Quote Reply