Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cyclingshorts versus trisuits
Quote | Reply
I normally use my trisuits to train and race (olympic distances) but I recently decided to give a real cyclingshort a try....... wonderfull specially on these long rides it is much more comfortable with the padding.

Now I am in doubt if for my upcoming 1/2 IM I should use the cyclingshorts or the trisuits, any recommendations

thanks
tri2b
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclingshorts versus trisuits [tri2b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're already used to racing and training in your trisuit, I'd stick with it for your upcoming race. Cycling shorts, though ever so much more comfortable, don't dry fast (or at all) in the chamois area and you'll feel like you've got on a wet diaper. Also not fun to run in. Even if you don't swim in the things, they take forever to put on in transition and cost you time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Similarly ... tri shorts for an IM? Past two IMs I've worn bike shorts and run shorts for the respective bike and run legs of the race. I've always done half IMs in a tri shorts and top - no changing. I can't really imagine a full 112 in tri shorts, but I'm considering it. I'm a klutz in transition and don't feel like dealing with two changes of clothes, but I fear I'll regret not having full bike shorts on. Any thoughts?
Last edited by: vogel: Aug 6, 03 16:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm also doing my first 1/2im in 2 weeks (and imlp next year). i'm opting for the tri shorts for the 1/2, but for the full im, i am also considering wearing true cycling shorts for the bike rather than my tri shorts. the extra few seconds in transition doesn't really matter for me, i'm in no danger of winning anything!

- The Who
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclingshorts versus trisuits [sydnrusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did two IMs wearing a full suit (sugoi). The first time (salt water) I put it on after the swim, the second time around I had it under my wetsuit (that's what I'm gonna do from now on) and it felt great both on the bike and in the run. It dried almost right away and it was great to have a long zipper in front. My suggestion is to pick a suit with enough chamois but not as much as in regular cycling shorts. For instance I would never never do an IM in my Desoto or Speedo full suit (not enough padding). I agree though that trying to put on cycling shorts (or even a full suit) after swimming (in a cramped chaotic changing tent) is close to a nightmare, you spend the first few miles on the bike looking like a pervert trying to fit the damn thing.
Quote Reply