Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

chrono by guru
Quote | Reply
anyone rode the guru chrono? any thoughts on this bike?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by The Committee [ In reply to ]
Re: chrono by guru [TheChameleon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
issues with guru?

Quote Reply
Re: chrono by guru [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i ride a custom crono. i have had the bike for 2months. i was riding a litespeed blade '00. i've been very happy with the crono. all my evidence is anecdotal but the bike feels fast and seems to have good power transfer - when you step on the pedals it goes. and i don't find much of a difference in ride quality w/the alum vs the titanium but i do have carbon bars on the guru which seems to help w/road vibrations a bit. not to mention the bike just looks hot! so i'm very pleased with it....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode for Guru in 2000, they made a custom Chrono for me (82deg seat angle), it fit like a glove, and was very fast (part of being custom fit).

As I've said before, Cramerotti will custom make the identical bike for about $500-$800 less, but if you want to continue to subsidize Simon Whitfield, that's up to you.

"What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak-minded."
Quote Reply
Re: chrono by guru [bobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bobo: I am glad you chimed in. I have seen your comment before. I have looked at the Crammerotti (very nice bikes) and yes cheaper, But you cannot say they are the same as the Chrono. The Crammerotti is made from a different Tube Set. Both are Deda tubes, but the Cramerotti is the Force 7005 and the Chrono SC61.10A. I have e-mailed Deda, Guru, and Cramerotti to find out the differences in these tubes. No reply from anyone. Now I will ask you. What is the difference between the two sets? There must be some difference or Deda would not produce both. So as you see they are not the same bike. Cramerotti may be a Better bike, maybe not, but without knowing the underlying difference in the tub set we may never know.
Quote Reply
Re: chrono by guru [bobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are these bike comfortable over the ironman distance? in your opion of course.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have not raced iron distance on the bike but have done several rides from 90-125mi on it. it was very comfortable and i noticed no comfort difference versus the litespeed i used to ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode my Chrono at IMLP a couple weeks ago. It gave a great, comfortable ride and I felt good heading out on the run. I highly recommend it.
Quote Reply
Re: chrono by guru [chriswaites] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Crono was made with Altec2, so it would be more comparable with the Cramerotti Altecator, but that one has the carbon stays.

Anyway, the SC61.10A tubing has a Tensile strength of Rm = > 470 N/mm2, the Force is >450N/mm2. Both are cold formed aluminum alloys, heat treated, SC is triple-butted, Force is multi-butted, and both are great tube sets, and very very few of us could ever tell any difference, except one costs more.

As a comparison, Altec2 has a tensile strength of Rm = > 420N/mm2

When I sold Gurus, the big pain was "it'll be there in 3 weeks" that always turned into 10+. Maybe they've gotten better about their custom stuff, but I haven't heard. That's why I appreciate Cramerotti's "60 days or it's free".

As for comfort, put a good saddle pad on. "Comfort" really doesn't belong in the same sentence with "ironman", now does it?

"What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak-minded."
Quote Reply