Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED 3D Disc
Quote | Reply
I've found a few vendors that have this disk wheel in stock yet it's not listed on HED website or some other major HED etailers.

Did this thing get killed by HED? Any issues with 3D Disc wheel or is it a good direction to go??
Quote Reply
Re: HED 3D Disc [lobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they killed it. not sure why.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: HED 3D Disc [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
production problemos or something like that...

I don't see the point of it anyway, it kinda looks nice though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah i didn't get it either. but was high on style points. i would have rode it.

Quote Reply
Re: HED 3D Disc [lobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 3D will be back soon.

Steve and Anne want to get this right and be ready, cause it will come soon.

The 3D is a very stiff disk, very little flex, and just like the golf ball (only cheaper) it brings the airflow from either side, joining behind the disk earlier, thus reducing drag. Allegedly (sp?)

This should bring a few discussions.
Quote Reply
Re: HED 3D Disc [OzHEDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The 3D is a very stiff disk, very little flex, and just like the golf ball (only cheaper) it brings the airflow from either side, joining behind the disk earlier, thus reducing drag. Allegedly (sp?)"

i'll buy it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CJ.....you think.....the HED3 is a VERY stiff, VERY responsive wheel. It's only natural that this became a disk.

Now.....The Hed's might not like what i think, i don't know, (i'm just an importer), but, according to John Cobb and his wind tunnel stuff ( i believe he tested that before the 3D came out), the golf ball is a very fast wheel. This is because the wind gets disturbed enough as it flows over the disk and joins out the back at an earlier stage, reducing drag, although, i admit, makes a rats arse differance when comparing disks. The biggest benefit the 3D has, IMHO, is the stiffness and response. end of story.

I'm hanging for it to be reintroduced. Maybe next time i'll be able to keep one for myself.
Quote Reply
Re: HED 3D Disc [OzHEDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"CJ.....you think.....the HED3 is a VERY stiff, VERY responsive wheel. It's only natural that this became a disk."

i just dig how it looks. i can go by looks because right now anything cycling for me is dream land. so while day dreaming why not day dream the coolest looking stuff.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks cool alright......no doubt there. Sounds good too.

Funny story.... I was with Macca the night after he won IMOZ this year and we were on the piss.... i said "Macca, forget all the bullshit of being sponsored, but out of the wheels you've used in the past, what's been the best". He said, "mate, the 3D feels really good, but the noise it makes and how good it makes my Kestral look, i'm going to ask Anne for more". nuff said i reckon.......can't wait till i have one of my own.

Day dream CJ for just a little longer.
Quote Reply
My Fave [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I have had several HED, Zipp, and other discs in the past and like the HED3 the best. It is solid and won't dent like other HED discs. Runs true, and makes as much noise as a band going by. If you like the cool sound of a disc the Hed3 turns up the amp a notch or two. It may not fit on Trek TT bikes however. Love mine, would buy another in a heart beat. G
Quote Reply