Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"motoactv movement" email - scam?
Quote | Reply
I imagine I'm not alone in just receiving a mail about:

"As a leader in the running or cycling community, you have the opportunity to receive a free MOTOACTV™..."
?

I haven't looked into it deeply yet, but it came to a special address I used for active.com signups. That address has been getting a decent amount of sports-related junkmail, indicating to me that they sold or otherwise exposed it. So the question is.. is motorola really giving away tons of these... or is this a scam e-mail?
Quote Reply
Re: "motoactv movement" email - scam? [perullo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the same email and was wondering the same thing...
Quote Reply
Re: "motoactv movement" email - scam? [oceanswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I followed it. It never asked for anything confidential or suspicious, and when I tried alternate email addresses to see if anything worked, it rejected them. It gave me the idea it was legit, and said the watch would arrive in 4-6 weeks I think. Odd. Maybe they had active run a specific query - people who registered for more than x events over period y and/or active advantage/premier members. That would seem more legit. I thought that would fit most of slowtwitch though. Fit you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not an Active Advantage member or anything like that- in fact, I usually use another email address when registering for races on Active. But that email account is the one Athlinks has for me and I have a lot of races in that database. And it's also the email address I have used when I have paced races before, which is my guess as to how I got picked... And yes, it does look legit, and assuming the watch does arrive, I'll gladly use it. I'm always willing to use any free gear that get sent my way!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am apprised that this is a legitimate offer. the support forum is there to support the MOTOACTV sports watch. i went over there, and there are support forums to support each of the motorola products.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: "motoactv movement" email - scam? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the same email. It referenced that I had filled out a survey for the company that was in charge of distribution at some point. I checked it out, seemed legit so I filled it out. Last week I rec'd a brand new MOTOACTV in the mail. Glad I filled out the link, it's a pretty cool unit and basically a free $250 toy!

http://www.motiv-8.blogspot.com

Quote Reply
Re: "motoactv movement" email - scam? [garges329] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The are a sponsor of the Santa Cruz Half marathon this weekend.

Greg Richards
Morgan Hill, Ca
Quote Reply