Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Questions about Deda's Synapsi
Quote | Reply
Everyone on this forum has helped me out before, so I'm hoping you can help me again.

I’m thinking about getting a Deda Synapsi handlebar for my road bike. I have a few questions about it though.

1. Are they comfortable in the “aero” position? I assume I rest my arms on the top of the handlebar. Is this comfortable on my forearms?

2. Would they make me any faster than if I rode with regular handlebars? I assume they are more aero than just being in the drops.

I would like them for two reasons. One, I ride with some roadies that are stronger than me so I’m thinking if this makes me a little faster, I would be able to take longer turns out front pulling. (Which would then make me stronger...which would make me faster...which would me me...well, you get the point.) And secondly, when I ride by myself I would like a different hand position on my long rides. I have a tri bike, but sometimes I like to use my road bike for longer rides. I probably won’t be in the “aero” position for long periods on the synapsi's, just a little break from the other positions on the handlebars. Forget about the cost of them. Will they do what I want them to do?

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Questions about Deda's Synapsi [Vita-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the bars are sexy, but I'd go with some real shortie road bars like the Spinacci's or something similar. Maybe even the profile Jammers. Personally, I think the best way to cure getting dropped by Roadies is to keep getting dropped by them. Eventually you'll hang in and be able to match their speed through power vice new handlebars.... It's amazing how a bruised ego can help training.
Quote Reply
Re: Questions about Deda's Synapsi [Vita-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They look like the perfect solutioin. They look very cool. but, $750?
Quote Reply