Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp 808 Firecrest vs non firecrest. Tubular. Data???
Quote | Reply
Any info out there on the 808 non firecrest vs the 808 firecrest? Is the firecrest that much faster? Or would I be wasting $2500. I currently have non firecrest 808s. I'm considering the tubular version.

I couldn't find any direct comparion data on multiple different searches.

Thanks,
Jack

-----
Fine Line Racing - "this is living"
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808 Firecrest vs non firecrest. Tubular. Data??? [cyclingdoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to make this choice and ended up moving from 2010 808s to 2011 FC 808s because of a good deal. However, the most optimistic numbers were something like 35-40 seconds saved over a 40k TT for firecrest over regular 808. imo not worth it based purely on a speed gain.

However, they do look baller as hell and seem to ride better in crosswinds in my limited experience so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808 Firecrest vs non firecrest. Tubular. Data??? [cyclingdoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought I saw a comparison where the older 808s were faster by a tiny bit at low yaws and the FC were faster at higher yaws.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808 Firecrest vs non firecrest. Tubular. Data??? [indytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is that a lot?

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclingdoc wrote:
is that a lot?

At the higher yaws, yes. At the lower yaws, no. But the really significant difference, besides high yaw performance, is the stability of the Firecrest. It's notably easier to handle the Firecrest wheel of a given depth than the equivalent pre-Firecrest wheel. 808FCs feel like 404non-FCs. 404FCs feel like box rims.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808 Firecrest vs non firecrest. Tubular. Data??? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.

One last thought...CC or tubular???

I will be using them for racing only. I'm having a hard time moving away from tubulars. I'm sort of old fashioned.

thanks,
jack

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What type of racing? If its TTs where a flat means your done, I'd go with tubulars. If its long course Tris where sooner or later you are going to flat and a quick change may not significantly change your placing, clinchers are a better option.

Styrrell
Quote Reply