Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Riding While Armed (_heavily_ armed) [pic]
Quote | Reply

This is boulder, so if that were a biathlon rifle i wouldn't even take a second look, but given _that_.... well, somebody must be headed for Larimer County. ;-)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Last edited by: MarkyV: Mar 1, 12 11:06
Quote Reply
Re: Riding While Armed (_heavily_ armed) [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is an awesome picture. I don't think he needs to worry about any cars coming anywhere close to him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like it! What brand is that Stag arms?

--------------------------------------------------------------
I am a newbie to ST please be patent with my idiocy!
Skin Sake Athletic Tri Team
Quote Reply
Re: Riding While Armed (_heavily_ armed) [csturgeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
csturgeon wrote:
that is an awesome picture. I don't think he needs to worry about any cars coming anywhere close to him.

his training ride will get interrupted constantly though from concerned mothers calling the police I bet

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No cars will buzz that guy. This seems like a pretty good idea lol!

Edit: But I digress - I don't know my gun laws (Canadian) and that rifle and the way it's being transported likely don't comply. I'm sure his ride will get interrupt by the next concerned citizen lol.
Last edited by: Coasterx: Mar 1, 12 11:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That guy means business.

--------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where did you get this?!
awesome!

Quote | Reply
can't tell from the low quality pic, receiver could be from anyone, looks very generic, but I think it's a Hogue fore-end (too smooth for LaRue, not enough holes for Yankee Hill) and the buttstock is VLTOR, I'm almost certain.

--
"It's too bad stupidity isn't painful."
-Anton LaVey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a single comment on his bike brand, position or what ring he's in up front.

You people are slipping...
Quote Reply
Re: Riding While Armed (_heavily_ armed) [jkcoop3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
friend on FB

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MarkyV wrote:
friend on FB

Does he ride for Excel, or just wearing their kit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Air soft rifle and it dent help you when your back is turned and a car buzzes you. At least until the next traffic light.

Re: Riding While Armed (_heavily_ armed) [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what i was thinking, Airsoft. still get you in a boat load of trouble in NY

Tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's Awesome! After being chased by a pair of pit bulls last year I started carrying my Glock with me on training rides (legally with carry permit). Not sure what Colorado's carry laws permit but it's definitely a deterrent to keep cars from pushing you off the road.
Quote Reply
Re: Riding While Armed (_heavily_ armed) [jockeys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jockeys wrote:
can't tell from the low quality pic, receiver could be from anyone, looks very generic, but I think it's a Hogue fore-end (too smooth for LaRue, not enough holes for Yankee Hill) and the buttstock is VLTOR, I'm almost certain.

his buttstock looks a little high.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TriRaceBook.com
Hawaii Qualification Analysis
Quote Reply
Re: Riding While Armed (_heavily_ armed) [T-TownRocks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-TownRocks wrote:
That's Awesome! After being chased by a pair of pit bulls last year I started carrying my Glock with me on training rides (legally with carry permit). Not sure what Colorado's carry laws permit but it's definitely a deterrent to keep cars from pushing you off the road.

I ride the Volente loop in N. Austin almost daily and there is one hill where a dog usually come running out at my. I was thinking about an electric cattle prod, but this picture has got me thinking at a whole different level. More so since an altercation last week when a guy with a pick up truck and trailer literally forced me off the road TWICE "cos he pays his taxes and I don't pay taxes for that there road bike"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TriRaceBook.com
Hawaii Qualification Analysis
Quote Reply
Re: Riding While Armed (_heavily_ armed) [TimAndrus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here in Jersey too. Even more so after a school incident.

Quote | Reply
MarkyV wrote:

This is boulder, so if that were a biathlon rifle i wouldn't even take a second look, but given _that_.... well, somebody must be headed for Larimer County. ;-)

Try to catch me ridin' dirty!
Quote Reply
Re: Riding While Armed (_heavily_ armed) [Gandalf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gandalf wrote:
his buttstock looks a little high.

Win.

Later!

Brian

Swim. Bike. Run. Repeat as necessary.
Welcome to the Church of Briantriology!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have considered riding armed like this (but with a handgun) but have debated whether or not it might make me more likely to get robbed or kidnapped. Locals give me a 75% chance of not coming back with my bike every time I head out anywhere near the capital.

I also considered having a custom jersey made with an image of a handgun on the back and an arrow pointing towards my jersey pockets. For now, ride softly and carry a big Glock is still in the future.

FYI: I live in HONDURAS.

And I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems to me that he needs to mount that thing on the front. Get some aero bars and pluck that sucker on a swivel between the reaches.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm wondering what kind of mount you could fabricate (obviously out of CF) so that a rifle could mount somewhat along the fork but you could instantly release it and use said weapon. Kinda like the old rifle holsters on horseback but I don't want the weapon covered, I want it in plain view. Then we could work on aero features of the rifle in combination of the fork.

Course being in Canada it would all be likely illegal anyway although perhaps mounting one on a mountain bike would be OK.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Riding While Armed (_heavily_ armed) [Gandalf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gadalf. I hope you pilotely reminded the guy in the truck that he in fact does not pay state taxes as he and you are both in Texas.

On a side note I think carrying a gun like that in TX would be well within the law.

JW (on the comback trail)
Quote Reply
Re: Riding While Armed (_heavily_ armed) [jockeys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jockeys wrote:

Will we start getting a bunch of posts asking which fore-end and buttstock is more aerodynamic? Is it rider dependant just like an aero helmet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, never thought I would see an AR-15 on a guy in a spandex kit and Pinarello. MTN bike in Africa/Central America, maybe ;-)

I Could strap a Benelli M4 on I suppose on the way to the range on my Wilier, keeping the Italian theme going ...

Prev Next