Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best blender under $150 [pat.allen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.cayneshousewares.com/...uct.php?productid=55

This is by far the best sub $200 blender on the market. Powerful and very high quality construction.

If You're in Toronto, Cayne's is at Yonge and Steeles. That's agreat price too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out "shake n' take"
Makes individual smoothies in portable container.
Order the extra two containers so you can rotate them.
I've been happy with it and use it more often than my regular blender.
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [jar70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats the one. Picked up one at a local department store fro $91. It completely destroys the veggies when you put them in there to a completely drinkable state. Ic e turns to snow instantly. Cant say enough good things about this blender. never thought I would say that.

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [eeyore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+2! Looooove the Ninja! Be careful when washing the pull out blade piece though..that thing is wicked sharp. I was careless once and nearly had to get stitches.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: rlanger: Feb 7, 12 12:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had great success with the bar-bones Waring Pro bar blender. Make sure you have a hand on top because it only has two speeds, destroy and mega-destroy. $45 made in USA

http://www.waringproducts.com/...t_id=81&cat_id=1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can get a very good medium-sized food processor for $150, or a small one for less. It works as a blender, and can also do many more interesting and useful things (Hummus!)

As far as I know, Cuisinart is the best brand and Kitchen Aid is a half-step behind. I've owned one of each.
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [ff_jeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ff_jeff wrote:
Ahh nothing beats a vita mix..sorry! My Wife and I put it off for a few years. Now that we have it we use it multiple times a day. For the amount we use it we would have blown through half a dozen $100 blenders, worth every penny.

i'm in the same boat. i have blended meals 2+ times a day, on average, and would kill <$50 blenders within 3-6 months. this kitchenaid was probably the longest running blender i had

http://www.kitchenaid.com/.../#/product/KSB560CU/

after a year (and buying a replacement pitcher) I noticed the power starting to drag a bit. so i got a vitamix

i justify spending $500 on a blender by knowing that if i dont buy the vitamix ill just be spending more on cheaper blenders and over the years ill be spending more total on multiple blenders. vitamix's great 7 year warranty is fantastic.
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [NotYoMama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While not under $150, on the advice of some in this thread I picked up a Blendtec blender. The thing is AWESOME! Highly recommended.

And I bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond using one of their 20% coupons, so the price came down quite a bit.

-------------------------
Trek Madone 5.9SL
Felt B12 (sold)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
, spring for a vitamix. I've had the blendtec also, good but the vitamix is slightly quieter and a little heavier duty, both the base and the mixer jugs. We blew the barings in 2 blendtec jugs lol. We use it daily for frozen fruits and greens in our smoothies
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [drfranky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have never seen it at that price at costco :(

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is canada Vitamix comes once a year as a "tour show" at my local costco. They run a promotion which is 499$ (sorry for the typo), but you can only get the White one.
Last edited by: drfranky: Feb 21, 12 8:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to know thanks
Chris

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kichen Aid gets my vote. Had one for three years now that I use everyday - hasn't failed me yet!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been a professional trainer now for about 15 and have went through my fair share of blenders. From my experience you need to keep a few things in mind when shopping for one. The obvious first thing is motor power, get one with at least 600 watts of power. The more powerful it is the easier time it will have getting through ice for making smoothies. You also want to get one with a sturdy base, if you don't the thing will be moving around your kitchen counter, so dont get one with a plastic base. Also make sure you get one with mutliple speeds and they all should have a pulse setting, you don't need more than a couple speeds.

Don't waste your money on a Vitamix or a Blentec, you're trying to make smoothies here not disintegrate iphones. I've have a KitchenAid 5-speed for about 5 years now and I paid about $100 at the time. It still works like new after many drinks and shakes. I also heard good things about Oster, Ninja and some Hamilton Beach items. Just like in my workouts I like to be efficient and not overspend for stuff I don't need. Frugal5.com is another good reference for low price high quality blenders.
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [MikayP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MikayP wrote:
i justify spending $500 on a blender by knowing that if i dont buy the vitamix ill just be spending more on cheaper blenders and over the years ill be spending more total on multiple blenders. vitamix's great 7 year warranty is fantastic.

Highly recommend getting a Costco membership if you have the opportunity. First off you can get an Oster that works very well for $30, second of all, if it every breaks just take it back to Costco and the problem is solved. The Costco guarantee is better than any guarantee Vitamix, Oster, or any other brand offers. Although the Vitamix works "well", it is not worth the price of 15 Osters, heck, just get 15 Osters, if you really want. And when I say "well" I actually have found that the Vitamix gets sooo hot, that it actually can blend a smoothie that was frozen fruit, refrigerated juice, and ice into warm soup, which if it was really cold I guess would be desirable, but not usually what I wanted. The Ninja is absolute piece of garbage, and the Blendtec falls into a similar category as the Vitamix. Regardless of the brand decision, all of them should be purchased at Costco.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It all depends on what you need. 2 magic bullet blenders cost $50. I use one most days.
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [Dr_mutley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is it available for 220v?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have had the Kitchen-Aid for maybe 5 years. Never had a problem and will blend anything. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkcgBwbE7nw
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [rvogt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for the magic bullet. easy to clean and it makes just enough for me. i used to have a larger one but never needed that quantity
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [rlanger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am struggling with the jar weakness and leaking that whonnoswho posted about on the Healthmaster 100. The blade is loose and the liquid seeps slightly out and has made the bottom outside of the jar a horrible rusty mess and it takes about 20 mins to clean the darn thing every time I use it I spent $200 on it and only used it for like 8 months and customer service pretty much told me to deal with it. The Cuisinart dual blender/food processor https://thehomedweller.com/best-blender-under-100/ is a great deal at around $100 (amazon even has the “premier” version for $105). The blender container is glass, too. The food processor is on the small side, and it isn’t quite as flexible as a regular food processor (it’s pretty high speed even on the lower settings, so it’s harder to use for chopping and such), but I thought the set was quite handy. The blender tackles ice well and the food processor is the perfect size for hummus. Given that it is a model less made for heavy duty use (at least compared to the Vitamix), it’s nice to have the option to use the food processor for some of the tougher tasks. Also: Consumer Reports actually rates the Braun PowerMax as their top pick in blenders, and it happens to be one of the most affordable: $35 to $60 or so, depending on the seller. Good luck!
Last edited by: atoror: May 17, 18 2:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I saw the title of this post, my first thought was, "There's a blender that costs more than $150? Why?"

And then I saw posts about $400 and $500 blenders? Good god I feel old.
Last edited by: JoeO: May 17, 18 2:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have a Vitamix at home for the primary purpose of breakfast protein smoothies (powder, frozen berries, greens, all the things) and there's a Ninja at my office where I've also kept a stash of supplies for making post-training smoothies there. I must confess: I REALLY like the Ninja. The only downside is - as I've seen others call out - the blade. 1) it is sharp and bc of where it's placed you have to handle it a lot 2) since it's removable, I may have - a time or two - put all my ingredients in without the blade. The blade situation makes Vitamix more convenient. We had it on our wedding registry and some good friends told us to take it off so that they could get it for us from Costco at a better price point, so I would also second that recommendation that I've seen other's make.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you aren't user a Mortar and Pestle - I can't take you seriously as an athlete. #sorrynotsorry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
drfranky wrote:
Save your money. buy a vitamix, 399$ at costco!

I spent more money on cheap blenders that lasted 1 or 2 years than the actual cost of the vitamix..

If you use it a lot, spend the money...

OMG this. Did this like 3 times before realizing the insanity, plus the Vitamix just works way better than any $100 blender we had before it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next