Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Best blender under $150
Quote | Reply
So my vegetarian girlfriend, vegan roommate, et al have been conspiring to get me off meat. It's not working, but I have taken a shining lately to green smoothies. I'm pretty sure I now want my own blender to start such endeavors at my house. (long story short, my roommate doesn't spend much time at the house, nor does his blender).

I'm not looking to spend $500 on a Vitamix... yet... but want a blender to do a decent enough job for someone who barely knows the difference. Looking to keep it in the $100 and change range, but will pay more at bit more (not $400 more) for quality. Heard good things about Ninjas. Roommate's is a KitchenAid. Any other suggestions?

2014: 40k TT focus

Race reports at http://tripikapp.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [pat.allen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a ninja master prep for christmas and it is awesome. 60 bucks on amazon looks like. It is a top piece motor that attaches to different sized containers for food processing or attaches to a pitcher for smoothies. It's powerful too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same boat - have been vegetarian for quite some time but haven't found a decent blender - have an old Oster - but seem to go through the blades more often than chains on my bike....also looked at a VitaMax - but $500 for a blender is more than out of my league....would be interested in hearing any good suggestions...

Quote | Reply
+1 for the Ninja. My lovely wife wakes me up every morning with it. She has gone through a few she loves it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do it crossfit style and just grab a sharp blade and blend it all yourself manually..... okay this should be in pink.

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sunbeam PB7950. Cost me about US$100 here in NZ
Built really well. Has a bigger than usual square glass jug that means you can make extra. 800w motor. Buttons for different blending options.
I had one that lasted 4 years of heavy use and just bought the exact same model again. Previously I used to burn out blenders every year or so.
It is way better than my sisters very over priced Kitchenaid blender, which has a smaller jug and puny motor.
See http://www.briscoes.co.nz/...nder-Electronic.html
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [CapnMols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this the same Ninja - that you guys are talking about?

http://www.canadiantire.ca/...nces/Blenders/PRDOVR~0432189P/Ninja+Professional+Blender.jsp?locale=en

Or is there a different one?

Also, the Sunbeam looks great - but I try to google it - and it seems to only show up on .com.au or .com.nz sites....

Cheers!

Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [eeyore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome - thanks... now to find it in Canada... ;-)

Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is what you want the montel William blender they call it tHe healthmaster you can find it at a good price at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/...ref=redir_mdp_mobile
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have tried several blenders and many have failed after just a few months. The Breville Ikon Blender has been the only blender to stand the test of time (3 years) in our household. It's even got a smoothie function that makes short work of frozen strawberries.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/...42875&CatId=5154
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [S.GUMP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
S.GUMP wrote:
This is what you want the montel William blender they call it tHe healthmaster you can find it at a good price at amazonhttp://www.amazon.com/...ref=redir_mdp_mobile[/quote[/url]]

wow those reviews are dismal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh nothing beats a vita mix..sorry! My Wife and I put it off for a few years. Now that we have it we use it multiple times a day. For the amount we use it we would have blown through half a dozen $100 blenders, worth every penny.
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
blending stuff
when your stomach will blend it anyway

madness

just eat the damn food =)

I predict that years from now we'll look back and see the 21st century as a time when people became so lazy that they began to prefer grinding their food to pulp so they could swallow it more quickly. One of the very best weight loosing tips I've found is to stop drinking your calories. Time spent chewing is associated with satiety. Now if you're trying to gain weight smoothies make sense.

BTW, I love smoothies too but see them as a decadent desert for once in a great while.

YMMV,

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
use the magic bullet 4 or 5 days daily... after 2 years still going ok....
http://www.ebay.com.au/...;hash=item19cd79b21e
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Save your money. buy a vitamix, 399$ at costco!

I spent more money on cheap blenders that lasted 1 or 2 years than the actual cost of the vitamix..

If you use it a lot, spend the money...
Last edited by: drfranky: Feb 7, 12 6:42
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [drfranky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy the Vitamix. You can get them re-furbished for $350.00. Made in the USA, in Cleveland. Great product.
Quote Reply
Re: Best blender under $150 [kenb321] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed... buy the Vitamix, you'll only need to buy it once. It's more than just a smoothie machine... meals, you can rock three meals a day in that thing (not all smoothies either). It is incredible. The ease of cleaning is a major selling point too. The cookbook we got with ours is really great. Currently we make smoothies, salad dressings, nut crusts for meat, sauces, sorbet, and soups. We had a Bamix immersion blender for smoothies and soups but upgraded and glad we did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won a nice KitchenAid blender at Steelhead 70.3 a while back and it's still going strong.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a Waring Pro blender for years and a Cuisinart immersion blender for about a year. There's nothing I can't do between the two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
happily using a $79 kitchenaid blender that was purchased at Target in Dec.

Such a Bad Runner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a Magic Bullet and I liked it. But it only lasted me 2 years with consistant use.
I liked it because I only made shakes for myself and using the same cup to blend/drink out of made it quick and easy.

My dad had a Ninja that he gave to me for X-mas. It works well. Blends much better than the Magic Bullet but I miss the convenience of using 1 cup.
With the ninja, I need another cup and I need to pour it out...etc. etc.
The Ninja is much more quieter than the Magic Bullet which is good for me since I have a 1 year old son that is usually sleeping when i'm finished with my workouts.

My dad has a Vitamix and has had it for years. Still works perfectly to this day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blendtec! The "Will it blend" video series says it all. see http://www.willitblend.com and check the Don't try this at home links... Any blender that can blend a football tee or a bunch of golf balls can blend some wheat grass.
Quote Reply

Prev Next