Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2009 Cervelo P2C, Size: 56 - $1500 = fair price???
Quote | Reply
First off, thanks for all the helpful advice regarding my previous post concerning a used Kestral. I am passing on the Talon and now found the following on CL...

Is this a fair price or would it be money better spent on a new entry level bike in the $14-1500 range? I am training for 1/2 and full IM's so I'm keeping my road bike for training/group rides but my road bike is; some would consider vintage; a Cannondale SR600 -circa 1991.

Details below from the post on CraigsList...

"2009 Cervelo P2C, Size: 56
Date: 2012-01-20, 9:29AM

Shimano Ultegra build, 3T Funda Pro fork, FSA crank, Vision TT -Bar, Original San Marco seat never ridden, Look pedals, Shimano wheel set w/ new tires, X-Lab Sonic Wing rear water bottle holder plus one on frame.

Recent upgrades (before IMTX):
new chain, cassette, arm rest pads, grip tape, tires

1,955 miles on bike per BT log. Bike is in excellent condition w/ a 1 minor paint blemish less than an 1/8" on top tube. Bike has not been crashed, other than the "can't get my shoe unclipped in the parking lot" that happened twice.

Purchased new in December 2008, it was my Christmas present, make it yours! Ready to ride! Sitting indoors since May 2010.

I have completed several Sprints and an IM w/ this bike! A true complete race ready bike whether it is for an Ironman or Sprint tri!

Specs here:
http://www.nytro.com/index.cfm/product/?ProductID=1342 "

Thanks again,
Jones
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Cervelo P2C, Size: 56 - $1500 = fair price??? [RustyJones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a really great price IMO
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Cervelo P2C, Size: 56 - $1500 = fair price??? [RustyJones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sold my P2 Dura Ace 7900 with upgraded carbon aero bars for that price..
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Cervelo P2C, Size: 56 - $1500 = fair price??? [drfranky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know...thanks!!! This may give me some negotiating room.

Thanks again,
Jones
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Cervelo P2C, Size: 56 - $1500 = fair price??? [drfranky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drfranky wrote:
I sold my P2 Dura Ace 7900 with upgraded carbon aero bars for that price..

whoa. do you have another one of those in a 54cm? KILLER deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couldn't you have got a brand new one for about this price with the cervelo deal? If this were a few months ago, maybe 1500. Right now, I wouldn't think 1500 is a good price....maybe even $1000 as anyone buying onw probably would have bought it already. ...............also no warranty on used.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would not pay that much, but the best way to get an idea on value at the time is to scan eBay for a bit and Watch a few items. P2Cs move often enough that you can get a pretty good idea what people are paying. 2008 is now four years old and long in the tooth for a tri bike (now don't go nuts on me; I'm just stating what the average triathlete believes based off bike turnover that I have observed). I would say $1200 is what I would max at and that is only if it is perfect. I have Watched P2Cs that went well above (not recently) and well below your $1500 stated price.

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Cervelo P2C, Size: 56 - $1500 = fair price??? [H2Owings] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H2Owings wrote:
Couldn't you have got a brand new one for about this price with the cervelo deal? If this were a few months ago, maybe 1500. Right now, I wouldn't think 1500 is a good price....maybe even $1000 as anyone buying onw probably would have bought it already. ...............also no warranty on used.

x2. Right now, if you can find one (and a partner) a brand new P2 (Ultegra?) would be $1400 through the Share a Ride deal.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Cervelo P2C, Size: 56 - $1500 = fair price??? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
H2Owings wrote:

x2. Right now, if you can find one (and a partner) a brand new P2 (Ultegra?) would be $1400 through the Share a Ride deal.

the $1400 ones are pretty much impossible to find (has to be last year's model). this year's model can be had for $1800 though (ultegra)
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Cervelo P2C, Size: 56 - $1500 = fair price??? [7718] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely would just go buy new. 1800 bucks, Ultegra and full warranty. I spent a year scanning ads to get a feel for a good price and until the Cervelo deal came along, that would be a good price, but for the next week or so, that price is too high.
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Cervelo P2C, Size: 56 - $1500 = fair price??? [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

I just responded to a guy in Houston concerning the share a ride deal.

Thanks again,
Jones
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought a 2009 P2 for $1650 on Slowtwitch classified and couldn't be happier!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm selling a 58 cm 2009 p2 with dura ace for $1700. PM for details.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I paid $1,800 out the door for my 2012 P2 last month. It had Ultegra components.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: 2009 Cervelo P2C, Size: 56 - $1500 = fair price??? [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

So where did you purchase your 2012 P2 for $1800.00? I'm ready to buy this week. I have been looking at the Slice's but a new P2 for under 2K and I would be all over it. For a newbie like me it can be a little overwhelming buying a Tri bike for the first time. I been looking at used bikes, but some of the Web store fronts have prices pretty comparable to a used bike. Nytro comes to mind as I've been exchanging emails regarding their Pro-Tri package with the Cannondale Slice 4.
I'm rambling but as much as I want to support a LBS; the local Tri shop only carries Blue and QR and they said they are more than happy to do all the fittings. The local bike shop doesn't do Tri fittings so at this point it is pretty much where I think I can get the best bang for the buck.
So if you don't mind letting me know where you purchased your new 2012 P2 - that would be great. I know two runners in our local marathon group that recently completed the Cozumel IM on P2's and both love the bike.

I am not agains't a used bike - just can't come up with the cash up front after speaking with my banker (wife). I am the only 48 yr old I know with a 2yr old. Holy-crap! Daycare is $$$$$.

Thanks,
Jones
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I, well actually my girlfriend and I both purchased P2's from Nytro, it was during the Cervelo Share a Ride program. Nytro shipped them to Vegas for us at no charge and no tax, we did have to go to Cali to pick them out and pay for them.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply