Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any reliable sweatproof bluetooth stereo headsete
Quote | Reply
I have gone through a dozen Motorola S9/HD, and a few S10HD but they all eventually fail due to sweat. Great unit otherwise, good battery life (6 hours), good sound, comfortable etc. I thought they solved their sweat issue with the S10 but I am on my third one so it doesn't look good. The one unit I found to be sweatproof is the jaybird model, but battery life stinks (approx 2.5 hours) not comfortable, keeps popping out of my ears, etc. So, does anybody know of a good reliable, sweatproof bluetooth headset.
PS. I hate using the corded headsets.
Quote Reply
Re: Any reliable sweatproof bluetooth stereo headsete [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Any reliable sweatproof bluetooth stereo headset?

No.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Any reliable sweatproof bluetooth stereo headsete [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jabra sport Bluetooth ! Works great but battery life is max of 4 hours approx. I bought mine from the apple store.

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RocketFish (Best Buy house brand, about $60). I have the over the ear style, I don't like ear buds. I sweat profusely, have worn them in Sacramento summer heat on long runs, and have worn them in down pours. Never a problem, and the best sound of any headphones I've ever tried.
http://m.bestbuy.com/...tId=&ev=prodView

-----

Blazeman Warrior - so others may live
Live more than your neighbors.... Bark at the moon like the wild dog that you are.... And by all means, whatever you do, get it on film.

Quote Reply
Re: Any reliable sweatproof bluetooth stereo headsete [Rokko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks a bit bulky to run with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are kinda big, but fit me well, so I have no bounce or movement with them. Ear buds don't work for me, so I've only ever worn over the ear earphones. These fit me and stay put better than any others I've had. And the sound (5 settings) is great.

-----

Live more than your neighbors.... Bark at the moon like the wild dog that you are.... And by all means, whatever you do, get it on film.

Quote Reply
Re: Any reliable sweatproof bluetooth stereo headsete [SLOW&STEADY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you a heavy sweater? I know for some people that dont sweat so much there are several choices. Then there are those of us of burn through the S9, S10 very quickly. Maybe worth a shot though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sweat alot and I've had no issues at all. They are a really nice unit, I find them very comfy and forget I'm even wearing them. Try them out! I use them paired with my iPhone 4 all the time and they are great.

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Re: Any reliable sweatproof bluetooth stereo headsete [SLOW&STEADY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is the signal connection with these? Do you wear your phone on you arm when running? I have heard of lots of Bluetooth headsets having intermittent connection issues if not kept very close to ears. I am looking into these for my wife for Christmas. She would have her phone on her waist in her SPI belt.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Any reliable sweatproof bluetooth stereo headsete [tmarinoj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my last post, I was talking about the Rocketfish headphones.
Quote Reply
Re: Any reliable sweatproof bluetooth stereo headsete [tmarinoj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used the Jaybird headset for about 5 months with no problem, great sound, several earpieces to get the fit just right.

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/...phones-features.html#
Quote Reply
Re: Any reliable sweatproof bluetooth stereo headsete [shmtj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just reading about jaybirds. How is reception? Where do you where them while running. I have read some reviews where people say they cycle with them, put phone in back pocket of jersey and have no issues. Other's say if you don't wear your phone on right arm they don't work....I hate reading reviews cause you get so many different views and never really know who the person is writing the review. I trust a slowtwitcher over any amazon review any day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I personally have had zero issue, but I never wear them outside as prefer to hear what is going on around me. So I use them on the treadmill and just put my ipod in the tray or on the trainer and put it in my jersey pocket. They also make an adapter that you can plug into any headphone jack, I use this on my TV. A bit annoying as they can only sync to one device at a time, so you have to resync (takes about 10 seconds) or I have just started plugging the bluetooth adapter into my ipod and can easily switch back and forth. Also comes with several earbuds, so I tried them all to see what fit the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 Rocketfish. Months of hard treadmill (heavy sweat) and outdoor running and bike commuting with zero issues. (Open ear design allows me to hear cars and other ambient noise on commutes as well, which is key.) Easy to adjust volume and track on the fly, clear sound, and light enough that I don't notice them at all. One of my better purchases in the last year.

--
Follow my endurance sport antics and ruminations on my blog, http://www.rememberingjaron.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Any reliable sweatproof bluetooth stereo headsete [shmtj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. I think i am going to give the jaybirds a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a pair of the newer jaybird freedom fr3. I was generally happy with the original freedom except for battery, they were definitely sweat proof. The newer pair, based on reviews, battery should be good for 5 to 6 hours which is more the fine with me (i got less then 3 hours with the original freedom so 5 to 6 would be great)

Just got it today, sound is probably slightly worse then the original freedom but its good enough for the run, etc. I will report back on battery life and any other feedback but so far so good. Paired, played and is seemingly comfortable in my ear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tmarinoj wrote:
How is the signal connection with these? Do you wear your phone on you arm when running? I have heard of lots of Bluetooth headsets having intermittent connection issues if not kept very close to ears. I am looking into these for my wife for Christmas. She would have her phone on her waist in her SPI belt.

Thanks

I have very little problems with signal connection. I keep my iPhone in a shorts pocket or on a belt for longer runs. I find occasional interuptions when I twist weird, or if I put my hand on the phone, but have no problems during normal running. As a tip, I find it works better having the phone upside down in my pocket (bottom end pointing up).

I am a heavy sweater, and have worn these for 20+ miles, 100+ heat, and heavy rain (nit on the same run) with no problems. I've never worn the battery to zero, so all I can say is it is good beyond 5 hours.

-----

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BH-503 Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Earphone Headset (Black)-Stereo Headphones
Description:
-Adopts mobile enhancement technology & Bluetooth wireless technology.
-Has outstanding sound quality and elegant design.
-Ultra-clear sound speaker & utmost sensitive microphone.
-Both headset & handsfree profile integrated.
-Seamless switching between music and calls.
-Allows you to listen to music noiselessly, talk to friends freely.
-Compatible with phones supporting Bluetooth wireless technology.
-Easy to control and take it along.
-A must-have fashionable product.

you can click here:http://www.chingtown.com/...ereo-headphones.html

free gift: http://www.chingtown.com/free-gift.html

http://chingtown2011.myblogsite.com/
http://www.chingtown.com/free-gift.html
Quote Reply