Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM35-39 wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:
Yes, under profile you can choose "Heart Rate" as your workout type. The workouts will be scaled by LTHR instead of FTP. I THINK it still shows power...but I forget.

The workout graph is scaled for HR though. So if you're putting out 300 watts but your LTHR is 160, it might be hard to see the power at the top while you workout. For post ride analysis you'll be able to see both though.

Nate I'm using beta... Any way to transfer workout file to wko+?

Edit, foot pod hr and treadmill on iPad?

We're going to add file export, but we don't have it done yet. So far wko, sports tracks, garmin connect and training peaks are on the list.

We plan on making an iOS app, but we haven't started. We might go into running later but right now we want to just really focus on getting indoor cycling right.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
excellent, great to hear.

something to consider though... I hear you about getting the cycling right but there are a lot of wives that are using our treadmills in the basement while we cycle that could use some motivation aside from the usual movie.

The TrainerRoad bar at the bottom of the screen w/ HR, speed/pace (w/ footpod), calories burned, etc. would be great, and for the more serious runner the workouts similar to the cycling ones would be awesome.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only just found this Nate - looks like a great product. I have just signed-up.

How long is the beta testing going on and how long before we'll be able to "data dump" to Training Peaks?

Thanks.

http://rogersroadrash.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Rolly Jogger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This looks cool, I just ordered the Garmin deal and signed up. Looking forward to giving it a whirl on Thursday. I just got the new Kurt Kinetic - Rock and Roll. Peace
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate, just wanted to throw some kudos your way for an awesome product. I did the 20 min FTP test on my KK Road Machine last night. For $10 a month, I will definitely be using this all winter and likely into the spring.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Rolly Jogger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rolly Jogger wrote:
Only just found this Nate - looks like a great product. I have just signed-up.

How long is the beta testing going on and how long before we'll be able to "data dump" to Training Peaks?

Thanks.

Beta testing is ending soon, probably this weekend. We'll give all existing users 7 more days free. When you sign up you get a 30 day no questions asked refund period. So if you get in on the beta you'll have 37 free days.

Here's our pricing page for when we go live: www.trainerroad.com/pricing.

Before we do dumps to TP/Garmin/Sporttracks I want to finish integrated sufferfest support and do another super secret feature. I see us doing the dumps in February.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [atj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atj wrote:
Nate, just wanted to throw some kudos your way for an awesome product. I did the 20 min FTP test on my KK Road Machine last night. For $10 a month, I will definitely be using this all winter and likely into the spring.

Thanks! We wanted to keep the price very low. Hopefully we can convince you to do a few tests/key sessions indoors during the summer too :). I know that's a hard sell though.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Nate - appreciate the extra 7 days to check things out!

http://rogersroadrash.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate,
I broke my laptop the day before signing on...ugh, so I'm buying a new one. Is there a preferred operating system to utilize this program? Windows 7 vs XP?
Thx.
Marty
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [martman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, but I would go with windows 7.

That sucks about your laptop!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would be great to be able to race against a computer rider based on a power target (and using my ant+ power meter). Interesting courses to race on would be ideal longer term but even a straight road against a computer opponent would be a good start - nothing like having a little grey man to chase or stay ahead of to keep you focused!. Once you have that functionality I will definitely sign up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just ordered my ANT+ USB stick and Speed Sensor from Amazaon. SHould be here on Friday. I guess I should be able to get a few workouts in before the beta runs out.

Looking forward to giving this a try and REALLY looking forward to seeing Sufferfest vid integration and data export.

----------------------
TriAnotherDay.com
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [bingobong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bingobong wrote:
Would be great to be able to race against a computer rider based on a power target (and using my ant+ power meter). Interesting courses to race on would be ideal longer term but even a straight road against a computer opponent would be a good start - nothing like having a little grey man to chase or stay ahead of to keep you focused!. Once you have that functionality I will definitely sign up.

I agree! I wouldn't limit that to just a computer at a wattage though. We have lots of plans for that.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [bingobong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should sign up now so that you are better prepared to ride that little grey man into the ground and make him suffer!! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate,

I did my first workouts and it is a truly great product. I skipped a swim workout this morning just to ride some more at 4:00am. Thank you for increasing my suffering. I'm starting with the free ride to get use to the program. I like your plans to add more features. Adding footpod and treadmill support would be fantastic for indoor brick workouts
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [King of Pain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
King of Pain wrote:
Nate,

I did my first workouts and it is a truly great product. I skipped a swim workout this morning just to ride some more at 4:00am. Thank you for increasing my suffering. I'm starting with the free ride to get use to the program. I like your plans to add more features. Adding footpod and treadmill support would be fantastic for indoor brick workouts

Thanks!

I plan on buying a treadmill in the next few months. I'm sure I'll start to hate it and want to improve my experience (same thing happened to me with trainers).

That being said, I really want to focus on the core and make that great before we go into different markets.

Can I quote you on our website?

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote me? lol
Sure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another advocate for your great product Nate! Have recently gotten back on the bike after a year off and was really having a hard time getting the inspiration to get on the trainer for a decent workout. I'm actually excited to get home from work and suffer for an hour right now! You've got my $10 for sure!!

If you're gonna do something tonight that you'll regret in the morning...sleep late.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [teambeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As soon as you're on iOS - iPad preferably, I'm in. (Especially if you have sufferfest integration on the iPad)

(BTW, how does your licencing work with sufferfest - I'm assuming that the rider needs to own their own sufferfest videos?)
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [nathan j] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nathan j wrote:
As soon as you're on iOS - iPad preferably, I'm in. (Especially if you have sufferfest integration on the iPad)

(BTW, how does your licencing work with sufferfest - I'm assuming that the rider needs to own their own sufferfest videos?)

Yah, you buy your video from sufferfest and drop it in our desktop player. We handle the rest.

Dave from TheSufferFest gets 100% of his sufferfest money.

We're going to do an iOS/Android version, but not for a while. We have our hands full with Mac/PC. We only have a couple hours a day to work on this thing.

I agree though, an iPad app would work really well for a lot of trainer setups.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
nathan j wrote:

Yah, you buy your video from sufferfest and drop it in our desktop player. We handle the rest.

Dave from TheSufferFest gets 100% of his sufferfest money.

We're going to do an iOS/Android version, but not for a while. We have our hands full with Mac/PC. We only have a couple hours a day to work on this thing.

I agree though, an iPad app would work really well for a lot of trainer setups.

Cool. I'll stick with 'just' the sufferfests then for the moment - but will look forward to seeing what you come up with for next year's trainer season (don't rush it!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:

Nate,
What do you mean by "drop it in our desktop player"? Is that on the trainerroad interface?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Nate
Kim and I are trying to signup for the payment but it looks like we will need to create a new account.
is this correct?
www.trainerroad.com/pricing

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [atomic916] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atomic916 wrote:

Quote:

Nate,
What do you mean by "drop it in our desktop player"? Is that on the trainerroad interface?

Yah, you drop the video in our desktop player. See below.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [heliix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heliix wrote:
Hey Nate
Kim and I are trying to signup for the payment but it looks like we will need to create a new account.
is this correct?
www.trainerroad.com/pricing

Mike

No, you don't need to create a new account. We're going to let current beta testers sign up tomorrow evening and lock in at $7 a month (30% discount). We'll offer that special for about 5 days next week before we go back to $10 a month.

We're going to send out an e-mail to everyone when they can upgrade their beta accounts to paid member accounts. You should get an e-mail tomorrow evening about it. We'll also post it on facebook/twitter.

Pretty exciting times for us!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply

Prev Next