Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Leghorn11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, it was still having its plumbing installed, so I wasn't able to ride it. The LBS owner is trying to get a couple of the Expert or Comp models in for the showroom, but he's saying that whatever comes in has already been bought, so I think it'll be in the second to third quarter of next year that I'll get to ride one from his shop.

I would look up Mark Cote's posts (he rode it at IMAZ) or the guy who posted the red S Works a couple posts above ours in this thread.

Best of luck to you!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Otter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did the 5 hour ride go? Interested in things like if you achieved your fit, did it feel notably quick, and also the weight possibly?

I'm looking at a pro not an S-Works, so your frame / componentry will be lighter but it's a guide.

Leghorn

- Leghorn -
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Brandon_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For training ride, is the Specialized Virtue Aero Bottle a good fit on the seat tube for this new Shiv? I think it was design for the Transition...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not certain that it won't fit, but the only bottle cage mount is on the seat tube, so it may not fit flush.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a target date for the Pro release? Anything other than "next few months"?

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated.

Side Note - Awesome article by Rapp in LAVA. Great insight!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [JAA904] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't work for Specialized but I called up the two LBS stores that I deal with (both are Specialized concept stores) and according to them, the frames haven't hit the water yet from the manufacturing country (Taiwan I think) but they are expected to ship soon. The pre-ordered frames are expected to arrive here sometime in January.

Perhaps the Specialized reps on this forum can correct me.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm wondering how people carry nutrition (not liquid) and spares, etc on their shivs (either 2012 or nosecone). thanks.

kawika
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work at a LBS where Specialized is sold in Australia. February is our latest update, I can't wait cause I'm super keen for one! S-Works are arriving sooner, but Pro and onwards are February for us.

Am planning to run it with H3 front and H3D rear (the deep set), both in clinchers. Continental SuperSport 20mm on the front and 23mm rear, any thoughts on this set up? Any shiv owners running H3/H3D's? Would appreciate any input.

Leghorn

Edit - bad grammar!

- Leghorn -
Last edited by: Leghorn11: Dec 13, 11 0:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So does that mean you don't have the S-works yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [windRider666] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't seen or heard of any coming into the shop, but at a recent half IM one was spotted by a customer....

- Leghorn -
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [kaolelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in my pocket

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Virtue aerobottle was originally designed for the Transition and works well on the 2011 Shiv and 2012 Shiv TT with DT bottle bosses. It will work on the 2012 Shiv (Tri) but you need to drill out new holes for the bottle cage bolts on the cage to get it to sit correctly in the frame. The DT/ST angle works pretty well though.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SW bikes and modules will be the only available until early 2012 when the Pro, Expert, and Comp will be flowing.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have ridden H3D's before but not on a Shiv. They are ripping fast wheels though are more susceptible to buffeting in crosswind than a traditional spoked wheel. These would be crazy fast on a Shiv though... If you can hold 'em down, there are very few (if any) wheels that I've seen more aero.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that Mark, appreciate your time.

It's going to be a long a few months waiting for the Pro's to arrive.

- Leghorn -
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are the specialized bars going to be available when the pro frame is? (i.e, will they ship at the same time). or will there be some delay before the aftermarket parts are on the market? this was probably already covered, but seemed pertinent with questions about availability.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark, what is the length of the crank arms on the XS Shiv Pro (I've not been able to find them on Specialized site anywhere)? I had a Retul fit done today and the measurements on the XS fit me nicely however the fitter recommended I use 165 mm cranks. Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [tomp83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They come stock with 170mm on the XS. Specialized doesn't make a 165mm today but the frame is BB30 compatible or you can use our Shimano press-in adapters (or Wheels Manufacturing's press-in adapters) to run a Shimano Hollowtech2 crankset at the shorter length.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [7718] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The carbon and alloy aerobars will likely be a couple of months behind the Pro frame delivery in most markets.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The stack on these bikes is a real bummer for anyone suitable for P series geometry. Which I guess is not all that many these days, as apparently even the P5 won't have P series geometry. What the heck am I supposed to ride?!?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MITaerobike wrote:
The Virtue aerobottle was originally designed for the Transition and works well on the 2011 Shiv and 2012 Shiv TT with DT bottle bosses. It will work on the 2012 Shiv (Tri) but you need to drill out new holes for the bottle cage bolts on the cage to get it to sit correctly in the frame. The DT/ST angle works pretty well though.

Mark

Mark what are DT bottle bosses?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [valdlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
downtube?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ollie3856] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duh thanks :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mile2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ive had mine a week
just got my cheap training wheels on but have 909 set for racing
im in oz and very lucky as i think there are only 6 here atm

very happy its super responsive rides great and very fast, you really notice the less effect by cross/head the wind

http://s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee381/ironpo/

link to photos

cheers
ip
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ironpo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironpo wrote:
ive had mine a week
just got my cheap training wheels on but have 909 set for racing
im in oz and very lucky as i think there are only 6 here atm

very happy its super responsive rides great and very fast, you really notice the less effect by cross/head the wind

http://s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee381/ironpo/

link to photos

cheers
ip

You are not using the standard bar, which one is it, Zipp VukaShift? Do you know if is it possible to buy them alone (wihtout the handlebar)? Do they fit well with Specialized handle bar?
Last edited by: quickguru: Dec 18, 11 16:04
Quote Reply

Prev Next