Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Koobi Saddles
Quote | Reply
Hi all,
I am thinking of getting a Koobi saddle, the PRS, Tri, or Xenon. Can anyone that has tried any of these saddles give me their opinion please, and also if I can fit an Xlab Saddlewing on the seat rails or not.

Cheers

Quote Reply
Oh, those saddles... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saddles are a highly personal thing, it is tough to give (or take) a recommendation. Having dispensed the politically correct advice I'll cut to the chase. If it has a hole in it, "comfort relief groove", or other peek-a-boo feature I say Jihad against it. I used a "comfort" saddle in two races last year so I could tell my customers I use it and love it. Now I tell my customers I used it and don't like it. What I'll tell you is the thing mutilated my fruit box right through my tri suit. Major saddle sores. No good. I use an Azoto. Works quite good. I bought a bunch of Azoto Aspides for the store and am going to try one of those too. Not a big fan of the "groove" generation.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Oh, those saddles... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...and yet I like 'em.

The stitching on the Koobis is a bit near the top on each of the rails, and causes grief and consternation for many. Supposedly the Koobi tri specific saddle addresses that and makes it all better.

I have them on my tri bike and my mtb and would not want to go back.

that's my tuppence.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Koobi Saddles [JLW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a Koobi Tri last year and was disappointed to find out that my XLab Saddlewing would NOT fit on the back. The Saddlewing does fit on the Azoto though...

michael
Quote Reply
Re: Koobi Saddles [JLW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi There

Switched to Koobi about a year ago - specifically the Tri - with greatly improved comfort. I do use a saddle cover though - just remember Toms advice - saddles are a personal thing. I do have the Xlab fitted to my racing bike (Cervelo) - and don't recall any problems in fitting the sytem. I managed to break one of the rails during transportation and the guys at Koobi were great with repair service - especially since I was living in South Africa at the time.

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
whats the difference [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
between the Azoto and aspide? I truly love the Azoto and would like to put it on my road bike.
Quote Reply