Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [markrhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The frame was designed with the Fuelselage in mind, so there are no structural concerns from the integration of the hydration system. The TT/HT junction went through all fatigue and ultimate strength testing with the port in the TT, and the carbon layup was designed with this geometry in mind. In fact, the Shiv is one of the stiffest triathlon or TT bikes we've ever tested torsionally.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [bwinterroth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just as with the Shiv TT, there's room for Nokon or Yokozuna housing as well as traditional cable and housings. I use the Gore lined system personally, but the bike's compatible with whatever system you'd like to use.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark-
Can you share what the overall width of the downtube is in comparison to the Shiv TT? i.e. did you make it any wider than you would if you didn't include the fuelselage?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this is the "Official Specialized Shiv Thread", but I feel it is more focused on the 2012 triathlon version.

I've got a question that pertains to the extensions of my 2012 Shiv TT (and presumably to prior versions of the Shiv), so I created a new thread as not to infringe upon this one.

If anyone has knowledge of Shiv extensions, I welcome your feedback here: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=3638983

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hy,

is it possible to fit the 2012 shiv tri with a center pull brake from the transition or from the shiv tt?

regards
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [deirflu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

is there someone who know when the gel holder will be available (http://www.tririg.com/...ized_Shiv&num=15)?

Thx,
Fred
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a second question.

If I put an extra liquid bottle under my seat, where is the best method/place to store a flat kit?

Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The DT width on the new Shiv was about aero first and then when checking for the fuelselage, we found we didn't need to add any width. The design started with aero performance and then we of course checked out capacity for the fuelselage, designed layup for stiffness/weight, etc.

So the DT is a similar width but with the deeper cross section, the aspect ratio is higher than that of the Shiv TT.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good deal. Looking at the pictures the down tube looks huge, but it is hard to judge the width from the pictures I have seen.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CakeWalk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the stack (pad height) of the new aerobar set up?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [GregRF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the handlebar center, it`s adjustable between 45mm and 95mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [deirflu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whats the deal with the Shiv Pro frameset? Just lower quality carbon? run your own bars?

D

----------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you tell me how much the complete Large shiv with the Di2 weighs?
thx

Kona wanna b
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [slowrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any reps still around?

What are the aero bar spacing?
Is it configurable?
Could XLab Torpedo (http://www.xlab-usa.com/torpedo-mount.html) be fit between the bars?

Thanks in advance for the answer,
Fred
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any update on when the new shiv starts to be available? I noticed that sigma sports in uk has this on their page, but shows out of stock.

Other question: i would like to fit the 3t ventus on it. How much space there is behind the stem?

Thanks!

—
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [JanneK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I got mine yesterday. 5 hour ride tomorrow.

Happiness.

(Disclaimer - bad photo, bad light, not in the big chainring, my floor needs a vacume, seat too high, blah, blah blah. Short answer - I have one, you dont).

And yes, the first long ride is with those wheels.
Last edited by: Otter: Dec 3, 11 3:41
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Otter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where do you live? What size is that?

Very nice setup. Did you weigh it by chance yet?>

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Otter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WOW... NICE..
Do you know how much it weighs?
What size ?
THX

Kona wanna b
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [GregRF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aerobar stack is about 35mm from bar center to top of pad holder. About 45mm with the pad.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MITaerobike wrote:
Aerobar stack is about 35mm from bar center to top of pad holder. About 45mm with the pad.

Mark

I would like to know the aero bar spacing (not the stack). I want to know if I could use a XLab torpedo bottle betwen them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. The Fuelcell (nutrition and computer aerobar container) is still in development. What Rasmus raced at Kona was a one off proto for him.

2. There's no one place for a flat kit on this bike. I just raced IMAZ with a flat kit in my jersey pocket and kept the bike clean.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Extension spacing is 110mm C-C and the stock ski-tips that come on the bike jog 10mm inward from each side (or can be swapped to go wider 10mm on each side). With rotation, you can get a pretty dialed fit.

There's room for a standard bottle cage or the X-Lab Torpedo. Here's a pic of my front end setup.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [wpg_wild_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Pro frameset is a different layup and since it's a 1-1/8" steerer, you can run most aftermarket stems and bars. Our aerobars will be available aftermarket this spring for those that would like to buy this frameset and the bars separately or upgrade a Comp or Expert to the new carbon bar.

Only the S-Works bike and module will be available for the first few months so you'd have to wait for this frameset anyways.

And to answer someone else's question -- the S-Works bikes and modules are shipping globally now.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"And to answer someone else's question -- the S-Works bikes and modules are shipping globally now."

Yup, just saw one in my LBS today. It looks okay in pictures (I hated it when the pics first leaked), but to see it in person is an eye-opener. It's a sweet looking bike! I didn't ask to use a scale, but with 808's and DI2, I'd put it under 18 lbs.

From what I was reading here and on Specialized.com, I though I'd have to go with a small (I'm 5'11"), but after seeing it, I'm definitely gonna go with a medium.

I'm already planning on selling both my road and tri bike to get on one of these.

Last edited by: Brandon_W: Dec 5, 11 13:07
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Brandon_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

First time poster in what seems to be a pretty educated community! Have discovered some interesting nuggets in the last day or two.

Brandon, was just wondering if you took one for a ride or plan to? Some ride impressions would be excellent as I haven't located any on the interwebs so far.

Cheers,

Leghorn

- Leghorn -
Quote Reply

Prev Next