Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Aero bars on group rides... [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's an unfair generalization

Its a fine generalization, it just isn't always true. When I show up at a group ride where I don't know the people I make sure to stay clear of anyone with aerobars, at least until I get a chance to see how they ride. Often times they aren't the most squirrely, but as a general rule, yeah they are.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bars on group rides... [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
- drafting on aeros behind two guys who aren't is going to give you a speed advantage, and very likely result in half wheeling. 3rd wheel was obviously trying to correct this because he had stopped pedaling and was moving right hand to drops, but due to poor skills veered right.

- at the same time 2nd wheel veered left suddenly to overtake 1st. If 2nd had his wits, after passing camera dude, he'd have continued straight to overtake 1st, rather than following 1st to the shoulder, then suddenly pulling left.

I'd say this crash was due primarily to poor choices and skills by 3rd. Though I also think 2nd could have been smarter in timing taking the lead.

Doesn't look they were doing 55kph, but I wasn't there.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bars on group rides... [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Looks like he used his front brake on the dirt. That was the really big mistake, one he probably won't repeat.

I thought that too the first time I saw it......but when I looked at iy again, he hits a clump of dirt and the wheel seems to collapse.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bars on group rides... [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no way they were going 34

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bars on group rides... [ZackC.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZackC. wrote:
If you're looking for something original to discuss, you could always post a link to the video of the Ford Expedition that turns into the parking lot and cuts off the triathlete during the race... /pink

This is about on the same level of repost failure as the Chopper Reid thread that popped up a couple days ago. HTFU ST, and learn how to use the search button!

Trivia: Chopper turns 57 today. They said he'd never make it...
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bars on group rides... [winstonw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
winstonw wrote:
- drafting on aeros behind two guys who aren't is going to give you a speed advantage, and very likely result in half wheeling.

What about not pushing the pedals so hard?

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bars on group rides... [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jt10000 wrote:
winstonw wrote:
- drafting on aeros behind two guys who aren't is going to give you a speed advantage, and very likely result in half wheeling.

What about not pushing the pedals so hard?

as long as you push less hard well before the guy in front decides to; cos you're exposed to less air resistance than 2nd wheel in front of you, and your hands are no where near the brakes (unless you have AeroBrake)
Quote Reply

Prev Next