Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [SN95NIK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new Shiv bars will accept any 22.2mm OD extension, so Vuka up -- you're good to go.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any plans or thoughts about making different extension shapes for the Shiv TT bars? I know people have thrown them in the oven to detach them from the mounts but I'm not that daring...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know if it's possible to put the aerobars under the base bar like the pro missile evo or the speed concept ?

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just now getting into Triathlons, aka no Triathlon Experience. Is the Shiv Comp Rival "too fast" for a Beginner?

==================================
Twitter: @BaylorBarbee

BaylorBarbee.com - The Road to Ironman Augusta
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Hey, the TT frameset, is it only available in black? Black is the only one shown online- but I see lots of pics of guys with the red/white/black rig. I am seriously shopping, and I am not see the options on the website.

Also, where can I take a spin on one. The guys at the expo did not have any to ride unless I totally missed them, and my LBS seem to be too cheap to stock them right now- or they can't get them??

Please advise.

SM

"What do you mean your running shoes don't match your bike?"
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BaylorBarbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont see any bike as "too fast" for a beginner. In fact I would say the Shiv Rival would be an excellent choice, as you have a very aerodynamic frame and fork that can easily be upgraded over time with more "go fast" parts as you progress in the sport.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CakeWalk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What brake levers are the photo???

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Nemotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We don't have tooled clamps that would accommodate this lower extension position today but have looked into the concept. The pad stack would have to change drastically to accommodate this style of bar clamp.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BaylorBarbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto on what Kevin said -- this is the kind of bike that would give you freespeed on day 1 and could continue to be upgraded over time.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [OCD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey OCD,

The Shiv TT only comes as a module so few dealers have them stocked on their floor. We have a few demo's kicking around in a few of the trucks.

It's only available in stealthy satin black -- the black, white, red bikes are the 2011 Shiv (nosecone) bikes.

PM me with your location and I can look into a store that might have a built bike around for test ride.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hy,

i have ordert a Shiv Comp 2012.

Is it possible to fit a FSA Neo Pro crank on this frame, waht kind of adapters can i use?

FSA offers an own BB30 to MegaExo adapter, is this the right one?

regards
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [deirflu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
im still confused about the adapter that is included as well. Its a shimano adapter that comes with it, but it seems like it was indicated that it would work for Sram gxp as well. is this true Or would someone have to get a different adapter for sram gxp?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if someone has already asked this. I live in Souther California (Orange County) and I'm wondering when will the pro frameset start shipping to bike shops? So far it seems that the realistic date is early December.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [OCD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi. I have ordered the Shiv Pro OSBB Frameset. How can I get the S-Works aero stem that comes on the complete bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [windRider666] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just one question, what is the maximum saddle height I could get with the 350mm seat-post (what is the maximum [safe] seat post exit I could get)?

I`m tall and I need 850mm between BB center and saddle rail. Is it possible to do?

If not, another question could be, do you have a 400mm seat post option?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depending upon frame size, you shouldn't have any issue. The max saddle height on the M, L, XL frames is about 90cm+ so you're OK.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [JAA904] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The aerobars will be available aftermarket sometime in the spring. The carbon aerobar will ship with the integrated stem you're talking about.

Until then, the only way to build up this way is to buy the SW module or the SW or Pro bike.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [odin99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You would have to get an adapter for SRAM GXP that converts from BB30 to GXP. Specialized doesn't make one ourselves right now but I've seen this done before.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a set of the adapters from Wheels Manufacturing - they're minimal, light, and work perfectly. They are reusable, and removeable (unlike some BB30-to-BSA adapters). I have no relationship with Wheels Mfg, I just think these are great parts.

For Shimano Hollowtech cranks:
http://www.bikeparts.com/...lts.asp?ID=BPC134778

SRAM/Truativ GXP cranks:
http://www.bikeparts.com/...lts.asp?ID=BPC364502

You just keep the bike's BB30 bearings in, and add these adapters, and put your cranks straight on. Easy as pie.

TriRig.com
The Triathlon Gear Guide
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [JudgeNick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use them as well, great value for money too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the response. But will I be able to purchase just the stem this spring (without the carbon aerobars) for use on a different set of bars?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark,

Just wondering what cable housing Specialized is recommending for the new Shiv. I was thinking about Nokon or Yokozuna. Will either of these be compatible inside the frame?

Thanks

4 x Kona Qualifier
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Clayton,
congratulations on a magnificent bike. Finally a triathlon specific bike.
But I'm just wondering if the 'fuel-selage' affects the structural integrity of the bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [JudgeNick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JudgeNick wrote:
I have a set of the adapters from Wheels Manufacturing - they're minimal, light, and work perfectly. They are reusable, and removeable (unlike some BB30-to-BSA adapters). I have no relationship with Wheels Mfg, I just think these are great parts.

For Shimano Hollowtech cranks:
http://www.bikeparts.com/...lts.asp?ID=BPC134778

SRAM/Truativ GXP cranks:
http://www.bikeparts.com/...lts.asp?ID=BPC364502

You just keep the bike's BB30 bearings in, and add these adapters, and put your cranks straight on. Easy as pie.

Hi,
does the GXP adapter also works with FSA MegaExo ? The Shimao has an smaler innerdiameter.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [JAA904] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This stem is proprietary and only works with the Specialized carbon aerobar. The clamp is a 4:1 ellipse/airfoil so it only works with a bar of this cross section. Thus it'll be sold with the carbon aerobar in the aftermarket.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply

Prev Next