Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Your fav juice recipes?
Quote | Reply
The detox/juice thread...and after watching the documentary (can't remember name-ooh maybe brain foggy I need to drink more juice!) got me thinking that I should start actually using the juicer I bought months ago and still in box.

What are your favorites? I think generally not 'recipes' as you just kinda throw stuff in, but what combos are your fav? I am thinking of starting with spinach/carrot/apple as that as what I have on hand right now...any more ideas? which ones are Yum and which ones were Bleck?

thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Your fav juice recipes? [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bleck to anything with tomatos and beets. Although I like to eat them both.

Yum to any fruits with kale, spinach or chard.

A little knob of ginger and a peeled lemon make a tasty additions. I just bought some limes but haven't tried them yet.

A small stalk of fennel, celery or rhubarb is also good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What does it mean to detox? Like, are toxins really removed from your body? Or do these drinks/foods have less toxis? What if I take vitamins and minerals, does that achieve the same? What if I take a laxative, does that detox my body, because think it does.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite is cucumber, pineapple, green apple, ginger, and jalepenos. Be careful with the jalapenos, a little can go a long way.
Quote Reply
Re: Your fav juice recipes? [YaHey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
people seem to think it gets rid of toxins in your body. But your body does that naturally. I guess having diarrhea makes people think it's doing a better job of it but really it means your body's system is slightly (or not so slightly) off.

I love apple, cucumber, and ginger juice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's very boring compared to the other recipes (!), but we do a ton of carrot-orange at my house. so good! as a bonus, you can use the leftover pulp to make really good muffins.

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Your fav juice recipes? [YaHey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is a thread about recipes not opinions

thanks to others--Ive found that so many combos are just great-and really, do not need a recipe. Ive been liking (and cooked hate it) Kale, Cuke, apple and pineapple
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this thread!
Quote Reply
Re: Your fav juice recipes? [adeseanL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cool!
I've been making juice with kale, spinach and carrot and its great! one question----I know ideally should consume right after making it, but does anyone know how long it keeps? googled that and diff opinions so wondered if any of you experienced had ideas--thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was told in a juicing class, if you are not going to drink it within 24 hours, to freeze it. They suggested you could use ball jars and leave some space at the top. I just usually make our juice for the next morning in the evening. I don't want to mess with cleaning the juicer in the morning.

I personally think beets taste delicious and the drinks come out a pretty hot pink. I like to mix beets, pineapple, green apples, and ginger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We try to drink it within 24 hours.

I came home from a run the other day and found 2 slices of gluten free, juice pulp bread that was still warm waiting for me. A friend that lives around the corner is into juicing too made it loosely based on a zuchinni bread recipe. It was really tasty, especially after I slathered it with butter :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An apple, carrot, beet, little of ginger & few grapefruit make a very yummy 'sweet and sour’ juice. The lemon adds in the taste! Thanks for the thread. I haven’t tried kale with anything yet. I will surely do it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone recommend a juicer? I've been using the Juiceman Jr, but last night it made more noise and vibrated more than usual - I was expecting to see to see it either take off or start smoking. I think I need a new one. I'd rather not spend a whole lot, but I know that the inexpensive ones generally don't do a very good job.
Quote Reply
Re: Your fav juice recipes? [YarnYoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have a Breville Juice and Blend, which I think is higher on the $$$ scale. Breville makes several models, I would go with one of theirs as they seem to produce a quality product. We borrowed a friend's Jack LaLane (costco) and it worked well the biggest difference is the Breville's parts are stainless steel and it's mucho faster. The Costco one worked fine though and I think it sells for around $100.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My latest favorite is

• 1 cucumber (keeps it mellow and adds volume)
  • 1 broccoli stem (great use for stems-you can save florets for something else)
  • 1 lemon, skin on (super alkalizing and balances the green)
  • 4 leaves kale
  • 1 apple (balances the green)
  • 1 small knob of ginger (anti inflammatory)

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can keep it airtight in a jar, the juice supposedly will last a day. I guess that I figure that I go through the trouble to make it so I don't mind rinsing my juicer in the morning after a first glass (not "wash" but rinse and leave in sink) then I fire up a second batch in afternoon/p.m. That is, in a perfect world. I'm probably making 10 a week. I sometimes purchase them out (but I HATE adding yet another plastic cup to the area landfill and both local stores won't let me bring in my own container)

This weekly amount of juice; compounded with an alkalizing diet, has really helped my running injury.

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Re: Your fav juice recipes? [YarnYoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We just purchased the 5 speed Cuisinart Juice Extractor from Bed Bath and Beyond (just over $100 with a coupon) and so far it works great and is easy to clean.
Quote Reply