Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Budget cuts...lost my job...again...
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the pity party today. I was let go from a job at the end of November, and found a contract Program Management position that started at the end of February that was supposed to last through the end of this year. The Program made budget cuts and decided to merge my role into the UAT Manager role. So I'm jobless again as of Friday.

Do I need to consider a different career field than software development? I'm pretty discouraged today.

Thanks
Cam
Quote Reply
Re: Budget cuts...lost my job...again... [CamR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, that sucks. Keep your chin up and move on. Hopefully you will find a better gig.

Any headhunters in your business? They usually know of jobs first...
Quote Reply
Re: Budget cuts...lost my job...again... [FisH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Losing your job is a very unfortunate situation for anyone. I know all too well and decided to turn my situation into a positive, influential one. While I’m able to get unemployment and supplemental income from my employer, I’m taking this time to not only be on the manhunt and find the right job with a stable future, but also do be creative with my time. I was working long hours and getting no credit for the time I was putting in, so although the situation isn’t ideal I’m making the most of my time at home – scrapbooking, catching up with friends, finding free stuff to do around the city, and even doing some creative writing to stay sane in these uncertain times. I’ve learned that saving money is essential because most of us are a paycheck or two away from losing everything. I had to revamp my budget and it was a reality check as to what I could realistically live off of (wants vs needs).

There are a lot of helpful resources out there, you just have to tap into them and plead your case. People can be very understanding because there are so many of us that are unemployed these days. Many agencies are getting stimulus money, so google them and see if there is assistance available that you could use. Until then, keep pressing and pushing and with time something will come along.
CV writing
Last edited by: Hofkamp: Sep 25, 11 1:04
Quote Reply
Re: Budget cuts...lost my job...again... [CamR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you need to relocate. The San Francisco area can't get enough software developers.
Quote Reply