Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mt Hood Hell Climb
Quote | Reply
Looking for something to do on 9/25?

http://www.mthoodhellclimb.com

12 Miles, 4700 ft of climbing, Unofficial, Unsanctioned, Unsponsored (is that a word?), Unregulated, Not for Profit, Cool Tee shirt, Say you did it and be part of tradition.

Hit me up with questions! mthoodhellclimb@gmail.com

Quote Reply
Re: Mt Hood Hell Climb [mthoodhellclimb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you call it a triathlon????
Quote Reply
Re: Mt Hood Hell Climb [dcsxtri10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You swim 1.2 miles in Trillium Lake, You ride 8.3 miles from Trillium Lake to Timberline Lodge (2200 ft of climbing with 1.2 miles of the ride on gravel/dirt road) and you Run 2.3 miles from Timberline Lodge to the top of Palmer Glacier (2700 ft of climbing, approx 1.3 miles on dirt trail / 1 mile on glacial snow, up to 20% grade)...

Swim
Bike
Run

Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did an awesome trail race from the Timberline Lodge up Mt. Hood and back down, and then went for a swim in Trilium Lake afterward. It was one of the best days of my summer. This looks like a ton of fun. If I lived anywhere near there, I'd give it a shot. Though I think a roundtrip, descending the mountain of foot and bike, would be badass.
Quote Reply
Re: Mt Hood Hell Climb [JackM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha!

That would be sick.. the only issue here is the winners punishment... basically everyone puts $20.00 into the "pot". 3rd place gets his/her money back ($20.00), 2nd place gets 1/3 of the pot and first place gets 2/3rds. The winner is obligated to buy first round at the lodge! If we went all the way back down - he might be able to get away before payback!

Anyway, great idea - if this goes well, all sort of new grass roots fun will be on the horizon...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JackM wrote:
If I lived anywhere near there, I'd give it a shot.

BTW... where do you live now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in Virginia, but was in Portland on business and did this: http://www.xdogevents.com/nwmountain.php

Loved it out there. Really gorgeous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link! I have heard of the Mt. Hood Scramble that X-Dog put on... it is supposed to be a blast.
Quote Reply