Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do: August 29
Quote | Reply
How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: August 29 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goals were to average 1h35 a day and ride 100 miles. Did meet the first but not the second - bike was in the shop Tues. night through Wed. pm.

M - 4.9 mi run + 17 mi bike
T - 8 mi run + 1700 yd swim
W - 7 mi run (speed work: 20 min start at 7 mph increase 0.1 mph each min until I hit 9.0 mph + next 3 mi cruise in 22 min)
T - 10 mi run + 1500 yd swim
F - 7 mi run + 2100 yd swim
S - 8.9 mi run (speed: w/u then 6 mi in 41:42) + 4500 yd swim
S - 6 mi run + 1h30 bike trainer

totals: 51.8 mi run, 17 mi + 1h30 bike, 9800 yd swim

Goals for this week - average 1h30 a day; ride 3x

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Friday:

* Confirmed Seattle trip. (Driving up 9/20 and leaving 9/26 or 9/27).

* Got my hair cut.

* Good nutrition all day.

* Dinner out and didn't eat the noodles that came with the lamb stew. Actually said, "I like shopping more than I like noodles."

* Wore my new shirt and looked great!

Saturday:

* Had a GREAT 3.5 hour bike ride!

* Lunch out after the ride and only ate half the food. Brought the rest home for later.

* Hit the grocery store and stocked up on fruits, veggies and nuts.

* My training partner (who sees me at least every other week if not weekly) said, "You look like you've lost more weight."

Sunday:

* Team photos and another really GREAT ride! Kept up with the boys, except on the steep hills.

* Went to the track to help with the junior session. Hadn't ridden on the track since June.

* Allie won one of the practice races! After no riding for two months! Her comment halfway through the session, "I forgot how hard this was."

* Comment from my teammate Dan during our ride: "Cath, you are really fit right now!".

* Hot and sunny out of SF on both days!

* Down 11 pounds and at least 12% body fat since December 2010.

* Had a 10 hour training week even with two days out of town for work.

Pretty happy with how things are going right now.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: August 29 [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great work, Cathy!

I'm recovering from Morton's Neuroma surgery and yesterday was my first bike ride without any pain in many years. Not long, at about an hour, but pain-free, which refreshes my passion for the sport.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: August 29 [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good work ladies
I think I'm back to concentrating on running. I signed up for Dallas marathon in December.
My week was just running. got in 55 miles w/ a long run of 20.

Also - I signed up for the Boston marathon this morning. I'm one of the lucky few that has run 10 consecutive years, so they let us sign up first - woo hoo!!

I'll start a new thread sometime, but I just can't seem to bike past 70 miles without sharp pain in my left shoulder blade, and neck pain the rest of the week. I've done 2 IMs, neither really in the aero position, because of this problem. I may have to face facts, I may just be a runner at heart.

You all inspire me. Have a great week,

Nancy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN with 5, including a tough trail run (in a tri) that will be great prep for an upcoming race
- 3 bike: WIN (sort of) - only 2 good workouts
- 3 swim: WIN, including my best open water swim of the year so far (in the tri on sunday)
- 4 core/strength: WIN
- try not to come off my bike at the off-road tri on sunday: WIN, though my bike split still sucked hard ;)

this week's goals:
- 4 runs including a long run this weekend:
- 2 bike
- 3 swim
- 5 core/strength

going to a rally at a friend's farm for the long weekend so will have to sneak off for a run while we're down there, and won't be able to bike or swim. ah well..

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
SSP, hope you have a speedy recovery.

Missed one and a half swims and one short bike this week--not too bad given an earthquake on Tuesday that left cracks and broken glass; thunderstorm on Thursday that knocked out power; which then got restored the next day only to be knocked out again by Irene on Saturday.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: August 29 [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your kind words. Yesterday, I was supposed to be racing IM Canada with Jordan Rapp. He had a much more productive day than I did, but he's had his share of setbacks in the last 2 years, so I am patient with my recovery. I take great hope from Jordan's victory in that it is possible to come back from injury and return to winning form.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugh. Last week sucked for training. My original post:

"This week: 5 weeks til marathon. Not a lot of time left!!! I think my goal of BQing is pretty slim, but I will try my best to get as close as I can. I *know* I can do a 3:50, but can I do a 3:45 - that is the question....I guess I will find out...
Run: TWRF at lunch; optional R morning with dawg. Might switch the F lunch for a double (to & from work), such a good way to get the miles up. Sat or Sun will be long day - depends on weather and how I am feeling.
Bike: Ride to and from work every day unless running.
Related/Other: Keep at the B12 for another week. Work on cutting back the coffee and the alcohol. Also, been a bit negligent in my veggie consumption - not getting the 7 servings a day anymore, more like 3 :-( "

Well, Monday was Day 1 of what turned out to be one of the worst cycles I've had in a long time. I blame the ultrasound. I rode Monday and Tuesday ONLY (and both sucked), ran Tues and Wed ONLY (and both sucked), was off work Thursday. Total of like 15k of running. I felt like shit all week. The only bright spot was a great MTB ride on Saturday. Although I managed to bruise up my hip quite nicely - so I couldn't even run Sunday. Heck I won't even be running today.

This week: 4 weeks to go. No more MTB til this race is over :-( Dammit.
M - Off - hip needs one more rest day, then maybe tape.
T - 35' EZ run at lunch
W - 35' EZ run with dawg in am/55' at lunch with 10x30" strides
R - 45' run at lunch - pacing run (5x1000m desc.)
F - 35' EZ run with dawg in am/optional lunch run (35' ez)
St or Sn - 60' run with kids on bikes & dawg
Sn or St - Unknown. See how I feel, but skip if in doubt.
Monday - Labour Day - This was scheduled to be my last LONG run i.e.: 30k. I will have to see how I am feeling. It may have to be 20 (which I can usually do pretty easily)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: August 29 [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sally, I'm happy to hear you're pain free. Andy, wishing you a better week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I could use it about now ;-)

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What will you be doing in Seattle? I know there is a velodrome in Redmond, is that where you will be? We need to connect while you are here!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

The Lavendar Room was pretty boring for me since I don't get wound up with politics. I'm glad to go to behaving like a triathlete on a triathlon forum.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: August 29 [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenHS wrote:
What will you be doing in Seattle? I know there is a velodrome in Redmond, is that where you will be? We need to connect while you are here!

I'll be riding the bike! A lot!

All I know is that we will be riding daily, both road and at the track (weather depending). My coach lives in Kenmore and I'm staying there.

I hear you all have some coffee up there! :-)

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this post was really motivating-loved the 'I like shopping better!'

have a great trip!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: August 29 [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triLA wrote:
this post was really motivating-loved the 'I like shopping better!'

have a great trip!

Thanks!

Sounds like lots of people are going well right now.

So glad to see Sally back on the road!

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We'll have to find a way to connect while you are here. If you end up in Redmond at the velodrome for a Friday night crit I'll be there for sure to cheer you on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: August 29 [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2, I'm in Bellingham on the 25th for a marathon, might have to drive a bit further and try to link up for food! ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply