Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I went swimming!
Quote | Reply
<yes, coach knows>

For the first time in 3 years I got in the pool last Friday. I've been missing it and finally bit the bullet and rejoined the gym. It felt great. My arms were pretty tired after about 15 minutes but I stayed in for 25 minutes before getting into the hot tub.

I went again yesterday. It felt great again. There is something about the rhythmic breathing, weightlessness and gliding through the water that is amazingly relaxing.

If I'm not careful I might get on a bike again and end up doing a tri-a-th-a-lon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: I went swimming! [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats! Sometimes it gets too relaxing in the water and I find myself drifting along :)

The bike is a whole other beast though, can't quit the urge to try going faster the entire time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've swam a bit this summer just for the heck of it and it's been fun!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JenHS wrote:
<yes, coach knows>

For the first time in 3 years I got in the pool last Friday. I've been missing it and finally bit the bullet and rejoined the gym. It felt great. My arms were pretty tired after about 15 minutes but I stayed in for 25 minutes before getting into the hot tub.

I went again yesterday. It felt great again. There is something about the rhythmic breathing, weightlessness and gliding through the water that is amazingly relaxing.

If I'm not careful I might get on a bike again and end up doing a tri-a-th-a-lon.

Before this summer, swimming was not something I'd consider fun... then actually learned how to effectively swim laps and now I go almost everyday. Completely agree on the whole breathing/weightlessness bit. Awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love swimming and never get bored while doing it. Some people find it boring, I find it great for "me" time and working through problems and whatnot - though this does mean I lose track of laps!

Running on the other hand.... boring to me. No idea why swimming isn't while running is mind numbing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good job!
I swam too this weekend for the first time since May----during a tri! 1/2 mile. 22 min and change. Kinda slow. But I've been biking a ton and running made up for that.
The whole time kept thinking-dang I wish I had swum at least a wee bit!

so is there a tri in your future? Once I started ultrarunning/trail running that is all I wanted to do too....unfortunately I thought I was made of steel and injuries caught up with me--it was just nice to be back out there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yay!

Couldn't agree more about the relaxation, etc. The feeling of well-being I get from swimming is like nothing else.

For the last couple of months, and through to mid-September, I'm focusing on the bike. But after that it's back to the pool, and I can't wait.
Quote Reply
Re: I went swimming! [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sold my bike last year so unless I suddenly have an excess of cash I don't see myself getting back into the tri scene for a while. After my last Ironman I felt I'd gotten in out of my system. I can't say never but I have some running goals I want to hit first.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless of course you borrowed a bike from a local friend who is about your same size (cough...cough)

Congrats on getting back into the realm of the fishies!

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Re: I went swimming! [lilpups] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really wish ST had a "Like" button, because that was rad.

Oh, and welcome back to the water, JenHS. :-)

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: I went swimming! [lilpups] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate the offer ;-)

Jen

Quote Reply