Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek
Quote | Reply
Howdy all-

The primary intent of this post is to serve as a pointer to our careers page, located at http://jobs.jobvite.com/trek-bicycle/jobs, where at any given time you're likely to find an interesting mix of positions in engineering, IS, customer service, product development, brand management, accounting, manufacturing support, and even retail store management. There are international opportunities listed there too..

From time to time there will also be positions we're trying to fill which for whatever reason don't appear on that page, and I (or perhaps someone else) will try to update this post with whatever details I can.

As of this edit, one position that I don't think I've seen listed in the past is Product Compliance Engineer. If the position and requirements fit you I highly encourage you to apply.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: May 4, 17 8:24
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bump for some new openings on our careers page...link in previous post.

The Mech Engr intern position remains open for resumes, though some (not all) departments have filled their needs.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,
Where are you located?
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [lzkdbr@aol.com] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Global headquarters is Waterloo WI. We do have facilitites in other US locations and around the world. The job openings listings will indicate where the position described is located.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If only I had graduated Dec. '10 instead of Dec. '11, I would be very interested in that biomech engr position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl, I'm entering college this year, and I aspire to become an engineer for Trek. How would I make myself the best candidate for the engineering internship in 3-4 years? What degree would be the best fit for the job? Mechanical Engineering?
Thanks,
Andrew Derhammer
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [AndrewD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mech Eng or Materials Eng with an emphasis on composites tend to be the better backgrounds for us.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl - does Trek have an in-house legal department for IP, advertising and promotional agreements? If so, where is it located?

"It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [dsimo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure there's a single office/individual covering all those bases, but anything of the sort would be here at HQ in Waterloo WI.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear Carl,

Are these opportunities still available? I have a degree in Economics with an emphasis in Accountancy.

Thank you.

----------
Miguel Andrade
http://mitano.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [sirkilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a quick check of the careers page which I linked to in the original post does show two accounting positions open. you can apply directly via that page .

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear Carl,

I have sent my CV to Trek. Now I'm waiting for answer.

Thank you!

----------
Miguel Andrade
http://mitano.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sent in a resume for a local position. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Carl,

I am currently a student in the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University and I was wondering if Trek offered any internship positions. I have been doing triathlons for 3 seasons now and I am looking to get an internship in the cycling or triathlon industry for next summer.

Thanks,
Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never a shortage of uses for interns :-)

Use the "submit a general application" link at our careers site and incorporate your internship interest in the cover letter.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, just a note to let you know I have applied for the manager of fitting position posted on the Trek web site. I sent my resume and cover letter Friday 7/29/11. I would appreciate you taking a look at my resume and my web site http://www.fulltiltfitting.com.
I feel my qualifications meet the requirements set forth and look forward to meeting the company and answering any questions you may have.
Thanks for your consideration
Gene Cappelletti
Gene@fulltiltfitting.com
Gcappelletti@twcny.rr.com

http://www.fulltiltfitting.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl. I sent my resume for the fit manager position a couple weeks ago. Just curious if Trek has any interest. I see the position is still open.

Thanks
Gene

http://www.fulltiltfitting.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [gcappy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Gene -

I did pass along your interest and a link to the previous post to our current fit services management team back in July. It's their show from there. Thanks for the follow-up.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

I am a junior in mechanical engineering at Iowa State University and an avid cyclist. I saw the Mechanical Engineering Internship position you posted from last year and am interested if Trek is hiring for this or a similar position for next summer. I have previous Design Engineering experience from a six month internship that I did last spring/summer.

Thanks,
Zach Kreifels
kreifels@iastate.edu
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [zkreifels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Zach-

Best advice would be to submit a cover letter and resume via the general application link near the top of our careers page. Internships can open up at any time and are sometimes short-fused...so having yourself in the mix early is a good thing.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

You guys need a pilot. I can get you there fast (2000 F-16 hours) and safely (current USAF Safety Analyst). I'd say something about helping with the competition (qual'd on 100's of Laser, GPS, TV, Radar, and IR guided air-to-air and air-to-surface weapons) but I think that might border on unsportsmanlike. I come with my own cool leather jacket and sunglasses.

Cheers,

Brian Grasky
Grasky Endurance: World Championship Triathlon Coaching; Professional Training Camps
RETUL fitter, Biomechanist, USAT Level 3 Coach, USAC Level 2 Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [seebritri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seebritri wrote:
Hi Carl,

You guys need a pilot. I can get you there fast (2000 F-16 hours) and safely (current USAF Safety Analyst). I'd say something about helping with the competition (qual'd on 100's of Laser, GPS, TV, Radar, and IR guided air-to-air and air-to-surface weapons) but I think that might border on unsportsmanlike. I come with my own cool leather jacket and sunglasses.

Cheers,

:)

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to bump this thread to call out a specific position that Trek is hiring for. The team that I am on, Ascend, is looking for a couple of .Net software engineers. In addition to a solid background in .Net, being passionate about cycling is definitely a plus. You can read about this opportunity on our careers website (http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/company/careers/), listed under Information Systems\Software Engineer / .NET Developer, or on Stack Overflow (http://careers.stackoverflow.com/...-bicycle-corporation).

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the position, and mention you saw this on SlowTwitch if you decide to apply

Adam
Trek Bikes
Technical Lead - Ascend
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,
I am a junior in mechanical engineering with an emphasis in composites. How can I apply for an engineering internship for 2013 with Trek? I interviewed with Scott Nielson in the mountain bike group this past year and I want to do anything I can to get an internship with Trek for 2013.

Thanks
Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Opportunities at Trek [csmabey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your best bet is probably to resubmit to the current Engineering Intern announcement on our careers site (same link as in OP).

Carl Matson
Quote Reply

Prev Next