Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Polar RCX5 Webinar [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is my RCX5 supposed to click when I press the buttons? It actually clicks and beeps. It also has been falling asleep lately, and I dont remember turning on an auto sleep function (if it exists). Is there a timer alert on the watch?

thanks,
Henry
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 Webinar [hoyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While we're asking general questions... About once a week mine goes blank while I'm sleeping. I hit the red button and it comes back on and about 15 minutes later it goes blank again, I hit the button again and it's fine after that for another week or so.. The blank screen always happens in pairs and I always discover it first thing in the morning. Is this some feature or setting I don't understand or is this a defect?

Thom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where can we read it?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 Webinar [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's actually what i was referring to as the auto sleep function. the same thing happens to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi guys, sorry for the delay. The watch is supposed to click, like an IPOD when navigating so you have confirmation that the button was pressed. Sleep Mode, our new #1 question. It happens probably at midnite until 6am, auto sleep mode, battery save mode. All you have to do is press any button. We thought our BETA units had something unique happening to them. I have never read a RCX5 manual, I am lead to believe it is a built in feature that you can not turn on or off, either on the watch or PPT.com. It will go back to sleep until 6am. I was wondering if I pressed any button it would realize that I am awake, you stay awake too :) Polar is just trying to help extend your using experience by extending the battey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the response. How about the time alert? Is there one? Was I supposed to get the polar trainer software with the purchase of the watch?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could define Time Alert a bit further, I am not sure if you mean alarm to wake of or repeat timer? No software for downloading, downloads to https://www.polarpersonaltrainer.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A timer that would go off every x amount of minutes within a workout is what I'm referring to.

Thanks
Henry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Henry
This is all done on PPT.com and sent back to the watch, not a problem. Chris and I may have to host another webinar, especially since our friend in DC may want to attend :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris and I are working on one more RCX5 webinar for either the Aug 30 or 31st. We will finalize a time and officially announce the date, time and log in info. We might even have a special guest or two who we will invite, we just have to make sure MACHO GRANDE or BMANNERS are available :) We will inform some special guests of our webinar. Thanks for the interest ST'ers
Quote Reply
Polar RCX5 Webinar Aug 30th 9:30am EST [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We will be conducting one more webinar for the Polar RCX5. We welcome current owners, and anyone considering it. We are opting for an early East Coast time of 9:30am for two reasons. A few Europeans have contacted myself and Chris@PolarUSA, so maybe some of you can log on at work?? For the West Coast crowd, pour a cup of coffee or set the bike up on the trainer near your computer? For the East Coast crowd, we have tried the lunch hour time frame and if needed, just stop by and visit us :)
Name:RCX5 - Product TrainingSummary:RCX5 - Product TrainingStart Time:08/30/2011 9:30 AMDuration:01:00 or when Q&A finishesURL:http://polar.adobeconnect.com/rcx5training/
Language:EnglishAccess:Only registered users and accepted guests may enter the roomAudio Conference DetailsConference Number(s):712-451-6075Participant Code:1094440#
Last edited by: Wayne@PolarUSA: Aug 23, 11 8:14
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 Webinar Aug 30th 9:30am EST [Wayne@PolarUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone who attended, actually had someone from Europe, so mission accomplished. Special thanks to DC Rainmaker for attending.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance you recorded the webinar for replay?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 Webinar Aug 30th 9:30am EST [scottv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watching a recorded webinar is so cold and lacks that direct connection. I can open the room anytime for some RCX5 techie talk. Email and so we can connect, Scottv or anyone else. I have a pdf of the power point I can email you and either over the phone with the watch in you hand or via adobe connect and phoning in to me, we can do some simulation work. People call our Customer Care Dept all the time with "How To" questions, I can make it more visual for you St'ers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just purchased the RCX5 and "Googled" why the device was going to sleep. Having found this forum, I would love getting info on a future (or past) webinar. Please let know how how you can best be contacted...and thank you in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 Webinar Aug 30th 9:30am EST [Quickbeam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could probably schedule another webinar, what times works best for you :)

Right click on your Websync icon and click on "training computer"

From here you can adjust the sleep mode, create new sports profiles and export your .hrm or .gpx files if needed

Last edited by: Wayne@PolarUSA: Feb 20, 12 12:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First, thank you for the prompt reply! The 'sleep' feature didn't bother me, but I appreciate knowing that I can adjust the settings should I choose to do so.

My schedule is packed pretty tight the next couple days, then I'm out of pocket through the 26th. How long will a webinar take? What time zone are you in -- I'm Eastern (United States)? Would you prefer I send an email instead of dragging this out here on ST?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can PM me, but I will try announce another one. I am on Polar's Forum so I check with them and see the interest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't send you a PM thru the forums because I haven't been registered here for 10 days. Let me know what the next rational step is in your mind...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can call me at Polar USA or we can connect once you return or PM after 10 days on ST :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For some reason the PM feature is still not available to me. Until that gets sorted out, is there a specific customer service number or extension I should use to reach you at Polar USA?
By the way...thank you in advance. The RCX5 is amazing, but I'm anxious to work through a full tutorial on its hardware/software capabilities.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are at 1800-227-1314, I am the only Wayne at Polar, they will transfer you. Adobe Connect is a great tool, feel free to call!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wayne when will the RCX3 be coming to market?

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: Polar RCX5 Webinar Aug 30th 9:30am EST [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are launching a RCX3???
I am sure we have a ballpark date at work, I can provide when I return to work. DC has was able to play with one so was his wife, aka THE GIRL. I will work with Chris@PolarUSA for a possible Polar/STwitch webinar.
Quote Reply

Prev Next