Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TDF: What is Centenaire?
Quote | Reply
In the TDF standings on OLN's web site they show stage and overall Centenaire standings. Does anyone know what this is?
Quote Reply
Re: TDF: What is Centenaire? [Brent F] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100th anniversary
Quote Reply
Re: TDF: What is Centenaire? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, now my question is what do the 100th anniversary standings mean?

I know what the Individual, Points, Climber, Teams, Combativity and Youth are but have no idea how you get points in Centenaire. Is there a prize for winning the Centenaire standings?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there is no centenaire standings (not that I know of, it is not on the website) however, le tour and l'equipe (a sports newspaper in France) has ranked the 100 most "important", greastest etc...riders of the Tdf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it is a category with points being awarded for the stages that end in the 6 cities in the first tdf. i guess the winner gets a moldy jersey.

kenny
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]So, now my question is what do the 100th anniversary standings mean?

I know what the Individual, Points, Climber, Teams, Combativity and Youth are but have no idea how you get points in Centenaire. Is there a prize for winning the Centenaire standings?[/reply]

According to the "Regulations and Prize Money" for the 2003 tour: [url]http://www.letour.fr/tour96/2003/docs/reglement2003_full_fr_us.pdf[/url]

"A Centenary Prize 1902-2003 will be awarded for all of the following stage finishes: 6th stage at Lyon, 10th stage at Marseille, 11th stage at Toulouse, 17th stage at Bordeaux, 19th stage at Nantes and 20th stage at Paris. The rankings will be determined by adding positions in each of these stages. In the event of an ex aequo result, it will be the last finish that decides the matter."

Basically they assign points for the finishing order in each of the original finishing town stages and total them. There is special prize money for placing high in each of these stages and a 50,000 Euro prize for the general classification in this category.

Today was the first day when there were results in the category so it was the first day when results were posted.

--

Ray
Quote Reply