Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman T shirts
Quote | Reply
Can any of you IM CDA competitors tell me if they are handing out better T shirts this year? My T shirt from Lake Placid last year was just terrible. I never wear it. I get way better T shirts from any random 5K I do.

I would definitely give up these competitions, but I really need the shirts.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman T shirts [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. IMUSA shirts were stinkers. Gray shirt with FINISHER in giant letters across the front. If you look really closely, you can see "ironman" in little tiny letters somewhere.

Instead of "Finisher", I wish they had one that said, "I walked an entire marathon and all I got was this shirt!"
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman T shirts [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those shirts were terrible. Maybe I swam a little, drafted a little, and walked a little.

I hope they do better this year. Wish you would be there to pick one up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to agree. I have an IM Fla shirt, same thing, I never wear it, it's horrible compared to pretty much every other race shirt I have. You would think they could create a shirt so awesome and inspiring, that we would all want to wear them everywhere we went.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Graphically speaking, IMNA is pretty challenged. From the website all the way through to the finishers T-shirt, they just do not seem to think visually.

Thank god WTC has the M-dot for them or they would sell very little race merchandise. Just think of what they could do if they actually hired a quality design firm! Heck, I would donate my time just to take the pain away!!!

I REALLY do appreciate getting a finishers shirt though... no matter what it looks like!
Last edited by: M.S.kansan: Jul 11, 03 9:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm delighted to have received one, but the CDA finisher shirts are a little loud. They are blue with giant red letters that say finisher and a bunch of graphic below that kind of blends in.

I'll certainly keep it for sentimental reasons, but it's probably something that I won't wear a lot.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman T shirts [Barry K.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys are missing the point - if they gave you a cool finisher's t-shirt, then you wouldn't buy any of the other merchandise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree that IMNA finisher's shirts are a bit loud (although I still wear each of mine proudly). I just did IM Austria and their finishing shirt is pretty much the opposite. Its solid black, with the word "Ironman" embroided on the left chest; "Austria" underneath embroided in a script character and then under that "Finisher". Very understated and nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman T shirts [SFTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly... "Swim, Bike, Run, Spend"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least you got a t-shirt. When I did my first ironman race (Canada in 1999) there were no shirts in the race kit which surprised me and then the finisher merchandise had to be purchased so any shirts I got at the race I had to buy. Even though IM Canada is the best race in the world, I was a little surprised at this. Do they give one out now?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman T shirts [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
At least you got a t-shirt. When I did my first ironman race (Canada in 1999) there were no shirts in the race kit which surprised me and then the finisher merchandise had to be purchased so any shirts I got at the race I had to buy. Even though IM Canada is the best race in the world, I was a little surprised at this. Do they give one out now? yes
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman T shirts [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like last years tee the best - the one with the dude holding his arms up I think is ugly...and the year before the off yellow one with the round deal that looks like some "Union Local" something or other I never wear either. I wear last years shirt often.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The whole shirt thing really puts a bee in my bonnet(Giro). You spend $375 bucks and they give you the ugliest T-Shirts. I know that they want you to buy the M-DOT stuff at the expo. But it actually disincents me to spend any more money with them. Just about all of the marathon t-shirts I've received have been better than WTC's.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman T shirts [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The most ridiculous shirt I ever got was the Wharf to Wharf 10K (generous on the distance) in Santa Cruz. It was a pretty nice shirt, but had the most absurd tag line on the back..."I did it... and I'm glad." Classic.
Quote Reply