Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Article on the Posties
Quote | Reply
Here's something I've been looking for: an insight into the USPS team, not just Lance. The author doesn't know much about cycling or Le Tour, but she gives a good glimpse into the team and its dynamics.

http://www.msnbc.com/...937002.asp?0dm=s12Ls

Also, how cool is Cliff Bar's "most valuable domestique" contest? I dig it when the little guys get props...

Quote | Reply
For my money, Eki doesn't get enough coverage. I remember back in the '92(?) Tour du Pont when he spanked Lance in the TT's, completely outclassing him with his smooth style and superior position. Now he uses those same skills to pull the Blue Train, and get Lance in a position to take the Yellow Jersey.

Lance, I must admit, has learned a thing or two since those days as well... ;)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Article on the Posties [GJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply] Also, how cool is Cliff Bar's "most valuable domestique" contest? I dig it when the little guys get props...[/reply]

That's my favorite marketing move. It's a good example of how you turn a negative (not having a personal endorsement deal with the team's star rider) into a positive.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Article on the Posties [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I remember correctly Eki won silver and lance bronze at the 2000 summer olympics TT. The "little guys" make the big guy bigger than he could be by himself. Tonight, after my threshold run in 105 temps, I'm hoisting a pint each for those big little guys.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jul 10, 03 17:44
Quote Reply
Re: Article on the Posties [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't Ekimov win Gold? And he probably also has some pursuit medals from his previous life, I remember him coming over from Russia to Panasonic to race on the road, that was quite the coup back then since no Russian cylists had ever had a pro contract and he had hardly ever ridden on the road.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Article on the Posties [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he did get the gold some years back after getting gold in the 4000m pursuit I believe.
UIlrich had silver in sydney.
Quote Reply
Re: Article on the Posties [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who won the Olympic road race? I thought it was Ekimov?
Quote Reply
Re: Article on the Posties [GJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
uh, she cowrote his book. she probably picked up a thing or two in that time. thanks for the link though. nice article.

brent
Quote Reply
2000 games [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ullrich won the the road race, and finished 2nd in the time trial

ekimov won the time trial, and lance was third.

later,

mckenzie
Quote Reply