Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

T1 wetsuit racing
Quote | Reply
anyone raced in a t1 or tres bib only?
Quote Reply
Re: T1 wetsuit racing [M.S.kansan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try to do a search on this forum and you will come up with a lot of experience with this wetsuit. I have raced in it all season and love it. Best wetsuit I have worn.

Daniel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why would you? It's the Bib that takes all the time to get off your body... the top comes off in 0 time. The second you'd save by not swimming with the top would be lost in the seconds you'd gain by wearing the top.

-Gill
Quote Reply
Re: T1 wetsuit racing [Gill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bacause I am doing a race that will allow them at 80 degrees and I have a long sleeve top... too hot!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought about exactly the same thing before IMA. In the end I raced in the top, but had decided the bib would create drag as it could scoop the water. A SCUBA buddy told me for $15 I could pick up a surf/ SCUBA top that would be thinner and less buoyant but stop the drag. I guess Emilio would not have made the sleeveless version if the was no need, or maybe we are on the path to discover his new dry suit? M
Quote Reply
Re: T1 wetsuit racing [Miguel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point. But wear your wetsuit and give this a shot:

Near the end of your pull, slightly tug on the bottom of the "top" of the wetsuit. You just *barely* need to pull this away from your body to get a tad bit of water into your wetsuit... you can do this without hardly affecting your stroke at all. This allows just enough water to flow in and around your body to cool off. If you're hot, do it every few strokes and it'll cool you off a bit.

Also helpful can be to sink your head a bit and let water in through the neck of the wetsuit.

As you swim, the water will move around inside the wetsuit replacing hot water with cool water. It's nice when your hot... doesn't totally solve the problem, but it really helps.

-Gill
Quote Reply