Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do: July 18
Quote | Reply
How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: July 18 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goal had been to balance my running with more swim and bike. I only swam once but did get some riding time in the week. Best of all, I finished my final stats paper, so I'm done with that summer course! I really enjoyed it, but it still feels good to have finished.
Eating - 5/7 - struggling there but working on it.

M - 4 mi run
T - 2.5 mi run, 2800 yd swim
W - 7 mi run, 17 mi bike
T - 8 mi run, 6 mi bike
F - 6.75 mi run, 14 mi bike
S - 7.25 mi run
S - 34 mi bike, 4 mi run, lift

Totals: 2800 yd swim, 71 mi bike, 39.5 mi run

The new eating goal is no sugar (as in candy/chocolate) for two weeks. This is what my dietician usually recommends when I am struggling with eating poorly due to fatigue. Yogurt/chocolate soymilk is fine but no dark chocolate after lunch etc. I am 1 day of doing well there (excepting a bowl of whipped cream for dessert last night. I dunno if that counts or not.)

Goals for this week for training - swim at least 5k, ride 100 mi, run 40 mi.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN with 6, including 2 races
- 3 bike WITHOUT hurting my back again: HUGE WIN! made some adjustments, and have been riding my CX bike all week with no back pain - i think it may actually be helping my back issues heal, now that the muscles are able to fire correctly again!
- 3 swim now that i know the new pool schedules: FAIL. 2 only due to a very, very full weekend!
- 5 core/strength/rehab: FAIL. 4 only.

took 1st place in the women's open kilted division at the highland games 8k on saturday, and had a riot at the 4k mud race on sunday!

this week's goals:
- swim in an outdoor pool (done; just got back), the elora quarry and in belwood lake for the sprint tri relay on sunday
- ride my mountain bike on the elora cataract trailway
- go tubing down the river through the elora gorge
- hike some trail around the gorge
- run some, including the sprint tri relay sunday
- spend as much time as humanly possible hanging out in a bikini, just 'cause i can.

leaving to go camping tomorrow morning, not coming home until friday!

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Jul 18, 11 11:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
11:45 of bike time. Very happy with a three day block over the weekend.

Fri: 2:10 including a tire (and tube) blow out. Even changed out both tires that night without tire irons. Yea for forearm and grip strength!

Sat: 3 hours rolling hills.

Sun: 3 hours rolling hills and one 1-mile sustained climb. I don't know if I'm faster uphill but I sure feel a lot stronger.

Need to get back in the gym this week though.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on finishing the stats up, that's great! And your mileage is really doing well! Nicely done.

Last week's goals:
- Rest more than not. I am pretty beat up from Vashon, so get better (esp my foot owowowowow) => DONE ++ haha.
- Ride 2-3 times to work => DONE rode 3x to and from work.
- Run 2x ez => DONE+, I managed 3 runs, 2 super ez (7k and 11k) and 1 hilly run (11k - I miss hills - there's virtually ZERO near my new work).

Last week was tricky: I was beat up from XTERRA, then I got promoted at work on Tuesday (yay!), then the rest of the week was super busy trying to sort out my department and especially come to some working arrangement with my once-peer now subordinate. Tricky, yes, but that's what I do.

This week: 10 weeks until marathon - get running missy!
Mon thru Fri: Ride to and from work 4x (if not 5x), just not so HARD CORE (i.e.: take it a bit easier and spin more); Run ez every day (either in the morning with the dog or at lunch).
St: Chill with K (she's going off camping for ~8 days)
Sn: Long run, aim for 22-25k steady.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply