Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Le tour ~time trial gear
Quote | Reply
What has happened in the last year. In 2002 you could see just about any variation of weird time trial configurations. This year all is up to date and uniform. I know that we only saw a few of the total teams in the TTT broadcast, but they all look like triathletes now... with team issue bikes, groups and kits.

I guess I am glad that we could help them out with the technology!
Quote Reply
Re: Le tour ~time trial gear [M.S.kansan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wanna see some weird TT configurations? Look at tapes of le Tour from the mid '80s (start of aero revolution) to about 1999 (the last year of funnybikes and wild monocoques). Talk about some weird setups. Also, look at the pre 1999 Hour bikes, especially Boardman's, Indurain's, and Obree. Rominger used a Russian pursuit bike from the 1980's on his first attempt, so his bike doesn't really count. This is where I must say once again that it is a bitter shame that the UCI clamped down on bike design.

Yes, to have a recognised Hour Record, you must use a bike and position not unlike Eddy Merckx!!!! I wish I were kidding. Not long ago, Michael Hutchinson of the U.K. attempted the hour in the drops and no disc wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Le tour ~time trial gear [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the state champion time trials here in Kansas (out and back)... we, this summer, had a pro ride a dual disc with a fixed gear. You would have to be nuts...

it is windy here!
Quote Reply