Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

apres-sport skirt
Quote | Reply
Hi All,
Any suggestions for an apres-sport skirt?

I'm sitting here after a toasty long ride and I think this would be a useful piece of clothing to be wearing right now.

I'm thinking stretchy, pull-on style, opaque, loose (or a-line)... maybe some nice tech fabric...
I just don't feel like wearing anything tight right now. Ugh.
Quote Reply
Re: apres-sport skirt [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out Terrybicycles.com for skirts.

Quote | Reply
Second Terry. I have one of their wrap around skirts and love it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when i just can't bear the idea of shorts after a run or ride because it's too bloody hot, i throw on one of those super soft rayon sarongs that you used to be able to get everywhere for $10. i have a few, most regular floor length (that can kind of double as a strapless dress), one that doesn't have the ties on it (just a big piece of cloth you wrap around and then roll the top to secure it), and even a shorter one; maybe 16" length.

soft, breathable, breezy.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Skirt Sports, co-founded IIRC, by triathlete Nicole Deboom, sent me an email today regarding their newest product line. You might find what you're looking for there.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you looking to wear the skirt just after riding, or during?

I would opt for the $10 option for a sarong if you're just looking to cool down. Holy crap skirts/skorts/sport-skirts (whatever you call them) are EXPENSIVE.

I used to totally be against the whole skirt thing, and when I saw Nicole DeBoom with her little booth at the Boston marathon expo I was thinking, she's badass and can wear whatever she wants because she is badass, but I'm sorry, those skirts are just lame for the rest of us. However, I've changed my tune, for a very good reason: excellent ass coverage whilst peeing on the side of the trail. This way, you can gracefully squat without mooning everyone who runs by. Genius! Of course peeing in public is not cool in triathlon or road running in the neighborhood, out on the trails it's the only option, even during racing.

SO, not to hijack the thread, but I've done some research about the skirts: I see: short ones, longish ones, mesh-ish ones, spandex-y ones, brief insets and spanks insets. What do you ladies who wear skirts like the best, specifically for running??!!

What looks like the best pricepoint, light weight and style appears to me to be the Running Skirts (brand) Ultra Swift Skirt (model). See here:

Anyone have any experience or opinion about the best running skirt for the price?
Quote Reply
Re: apres-sport skirt [npda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shoot, I just thought about something...sometimes when I cycle to do my weekly volunteering job, I cycle down in shorts then put on a skirt that I bought at Old Navy for about $8. No one can tell my shorts are on underneath and when done, I take the skirt off and pedal home. Old Navy, Ross, Marshalls and such stores are the places to find skirts on the cheap.

As for the running skirts, the one linked is not for me. I have too much back action to wear any skort with bumhuggers. I found that the REI Fleet Skort works well. The old ones did not come in XS so the leg would ride up but the new skorts fit well and have a drawstring. http://www.rei.com/...i-fleet-skort-womens

Quote | Reply
The lululemon skirts are cute but they have the tight spandex under most of them. If you are looking for something sporty and loose but with a cute edgy fun athletic look to it, try Roxy and Quicksilver stuff... found at PAC Sun stores and well-priced... Cute with tank tops and bikini tops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
About two years ago, I bought 3 running skirts and 3 biking skirts/shorts from SkirtSports directly. They were clearing them out for $15-20 each. Maybe you can watch for another deal like that... I just love them. For running, it's way better than those shorts that get trapped in your crotch. For biking, I don't have anyone checking out my butt while buying coffee on my break.

I love the Marathon Girl. So breezy and cool, and cute.

I would never go back to normal shorts, except when I'm racing... in which case, they're not very aero. Ha!
Quote Reply