Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

In between sizes on Giro Advantage 2
Quote | Reply
I am literally right in between the medium and large on the giro advantage 2 and do not have a tri shop close by to try them out. Any ideas? Do they run a big or small or are they right on and I'm just out of luck and stuck with the helmet being too big or too small?
Thanks

Last edited by: Vandalay Ind.: May 14, 09 9:29
Quote Reply
Re: In between sizes on Giro Advantage 2 [Vandalay Ind.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They fit a little bit tight, especially when putting them on over your ears.

If you have semi big ears, they will appreciate the large.

read Tom Demerly's review

https://www.bikesportmichigan.com/...es/aero_helmet.shtml

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't speak for the Giro, but I was between a Med & Sm LG Rocket. I initially bought the Medium. I could tighten the size medium helmet so it fit snuggly. The shell was really wide around my ears - huge gap. All in all the medium was a comfortable fit. I tried on my buddies size small and it was a snug fit. The shell fit perfect. So I ordered a small. Problem was on a ride after about an hour I got a huge headache from the squeeze on my head. So make sure you give your head enough time to determine which size will work best.
Quote Reply
Re: In between sizes on Giro Advantage 2 [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How's the heat management in the Giro? The medium was a little too wide on my head (like an air scoop) and the small felt pretty snug. I could feel some of the heat retention as I wore the small around the bike shop, but I didn't get to try it on the road.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear a medium in the Pneumo, but got a large in the Advantage 2. I tried on the medium, but it just seemed like it'd be really uncomfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: In between sizes on Giro Advantage 2 [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When i turned around at Hawi at Kona last year, my srm computer said it was 104, and i didn't think once that my head was hot. ymmv.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so what size did you end up with. I measured 59cm exactly and was not sure. Went with lg....and seems OK.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in the situation you are, except with the SM & MD. The small felt tight around the ears and a little harder to put on, but the medium just seemed to have a lot bigger all around profile and didn't seem as aero. I went with the small a have had no regrets. Even though I had concerns that my ears would get uncomfortable over longer distances, the most uncomfortable I have been was while trying it on in the shop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also right on the size line between a medium and large. Anyone have an answer on which way to go would be better
Quote Reply