Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [howardjd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Howard,

I love it that you're not a lemming that drops into the sea of ST bike set up rules.

I gotta ask you: How do you drink out of that Tropicana jug? Did you install a spigot at the bottom? Or do you have a straw coming out of the top. I couldn't tell, your pic was cropped.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [LabRat625] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A straw comes out about an inch and I only have to move my mouth about an inch to drink, so I never have to look down. At one point I actually had a cushion made of cloth on the handle of the bottle that I used as a chin rest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good stuff here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you're right it shouldn't. I guess we all have our likes.

I like your bike, not your "improvements".

If you like it, that is all that matters.

I am curious though what your riding outfits look like :)
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [wempe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wempe wrote:

I think you forgot to include your bicycle in this photo - having a little trouble spotting it.

Really, really nice dude.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple weeks into summer vacation after my first year of college with way too much free time outside of training. Finally got around to taking a proper picture. My bike is probably the most "generic" race set-up compared to the slick new superbikes on ST, but I love it. The LYC is tilted bc i mounted it directly on my left aerobar at an angle. I was also experimenting with saddle angle (angled down in this picture). It's now level.

Last edited by: AwesomePossum: Jul 16, 11 22:28
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
depends on the weather. If its in the hot and sunny I were long white compression socks, white shorts, and a white long sleeve under armour heat gear top, so completely covered head to toe with white(its a lot easier than slathering on sunblock). Anything less I just wear my tri suit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mate, did you get the chin rest professionally fitted.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [AwesomePossum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Won't it fit on the stem? That seems to be a much cleaner location. Don't you bump it with your arms?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [markoftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No certainly not. I stopped using it from worry of busting my jaw hitting a bump or something.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [GusDanger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GusDanger wrote:
wempe wrote:

I think you forgot to include your bicycle in this photo - having a little trouble spotting it.

Really, really nice dude.

Haha thanks :-) Wouldn't have had the water bottle mounted between the aerobars if it wasn't for ST though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice!

However, it is a little sad when one has to "apologize" for a P3c with Zipp wheels not being "on par" with some of the "super bikes!". ;-)

Gotta love ST ... ;-p

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AwesomePossum wrote:

I like it. I might tweak the seat angle a bit (or add a Speedpack of course Smile ), but otherwise it is a classic rocket sled that's still faster then most anything on the road.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, this thread is finally back so I can post the first decent picture of my Slice:

2010 Slice frameset bought on eBay with the bottom bracket and headset bearings already installed. I built up everything else myself using new and used parts from eBay and the ST classifieds. It's kind of a mongrel, with a mishmash of components (165mm Red crank, Rival derailleurs, 900 shifters and brakes, Shimano cassette, chain and wheels, and Tektro brakes), Vision base bar, Profile F-19 clip-on armrests, and Felt alloy F-bend extensions.

Swapping out the saddle for an Adamo and will be mounting a between-the-bars bottle cage. Cables need to be cleaned up a little... and I'm waiting patiently for Flo wheels...

Asad
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asad137 wrote:

whoa, best paint job ive seen in a long time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What break levers do you have on the Vision base bars? Is it true that you can only use Vision brake levers with vision base or integrated bars?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Reparto Corse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SeasonsChange wrote:
whoa, best paint job ive seen in a long time

Yeah, I think it's the 2010 Slice 5 paint scheme. The 2011 Hi-mod is pretty sweet too.

Reparto Corse wrote:
What brake levers do you have on the Vision base bars

SRAM 900TT levers, seemed to fit fine. These are the alloy Vision base bars, perhaps the CF and/or UCI-legal ones are different.

Asad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been thinking about this for a while. Did you use a feather filled cushion or air filled?
Also were you riding tubs or clinchers at the time?
Has anyone done a matrix of kpi of tyres compared to cushion?
I'm only a newbie so just curious!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [markoftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was just a strip of cloth wrapped around the handle of the bottle several times. The set up shown is a clincher on the rear and tubular on the front. The other question about kpi I'm unsure of because I'm not sure what kpi is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
asad137 wrote:
Ah, this thread is finally back so I can post the first decent picture of my Slice:

2010 Slice frameset bought on eBay with the bottom bracket and headset bearings already installed. I built up everything else myself using new and used parts from eBay and the ST classifieds. It's kind of a mongrel, with a mishmash of components (165mm Red crank, Rival derailleurs, 900 shifters and brakes, Shimano cassette, chain and wheels, and Tektro brakes), Vision base bar, Profile F-19 clip-on armrests, and Felt alloy F-bend extensions.

Swapping out the saddle for an Adamo and will be mounting a between-the-bars bottle cage. Cables need to be cleaned up a little... and I'm waiting patiently for Flo wheels...

Asad

Very nice bike! We appreciate the patience :)

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not sure why, but your saddle angle and length totally remind me of the old dude from simpsons. I forget his name at themoment.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
I am not sure why, but your saddle angle and length totally remind me of the old dude from simpsons. I forget his name at themoment.

Montgomery Burns. Yep.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: PIGsmasher: Jul 4, 11 16:57
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [PIGsmasher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That Scott is awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [PIGsmasher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2 but the seat ??? If it's comfy for you okay ;0)

Prev Next