Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$1000 to Top Amateur Felt Racing Athlete at Kona.
Quote | Reply
I saw this press release on Felt's website and thought it was worthy of mention:

Felt Launches Tri-Centive Bonus Plan
6/1/2011
Irvine, CA – Felt Bicycles is very pleased to announce the creation and launch of Tri-Centive™, a multi-sport World Championship bonus plan specifically targeted to all age-group triathletes competing in this year’s Ironman 70.3 World Championships in Las Vegas, NV (September 11, 2011) and Ford Ironman World Championship in Kona, HI (October 8, 2011)

The Tri-Centive plan provides a cash incentive to every non-professional age-group category for both men and women, for each of the two events. Any age-group winner on a Felt bicycle at the Ironman 70.3 World Championships in Las Vegas, NV will be rewarded with a $500.00 USD bonus from Felt. Any age-group winner on a Felt at the Ford Ironman World Championships in Kona, HI will earn $1000.00 USD.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Last edited by: Tom Demerly: Jun 27, 11 11:16
Quote Reply
Re: $1000 to Top Amateur Felt Racing Athlete at Kona. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That it great.

Hans Bielat
TorHans LLC Co-Founder, Owner, Chief Innovation Officer
http://www.torhans.com
Quote Reply
Re: $1000 to Top Amateur Felt Racing Athlete at Kona. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Props to them for what should be a very effective advertising solution.

---
U of N Alabama: Triathlon & XC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So cool....it's basically the same as Contingency in every other form of Motorsports. Jim Felt coming from Motocross is probably why they came up with this first.

I hope other companies catch on.

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team
Powered by Accelerate 3
Quote Reply
Re: $1000 to Top Amateur Felt Racing Athlete at Kona. [Fastyellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too. It's results based, and I like that.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it is great that the love is getting spread around (financially) to the top age groupers... It should help make it a tiny bit less pricey to race Kona.

-David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
*like*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bravo!!! Great idea and a nice way to support AGers! Also a great marketing idea that I hope provides them lots of exposure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I talked with Felt's Doug Martin a couple weeks ago and he talked about it:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...oug_Martin_2127.html

H
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks tom interesting

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: $1000 to Top Amateur Felt Racing Athlete at Kona. [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not taking anything away from Felt, but without a ProTour team they have more to gain from this than other companies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom Demerly wrote:
I saw this press release on Felt's website and thought it was worthy of mention:

Felt Launches Tri-Centive Bonus Plan
6/1/2011
Irvine, CA – Felt Bicycles is very pleased to announce the creation and launch of Tri-Centive™, a multi-sport World Championship bonus plan specifically targeted to all age-group triathletes competing in this year’s Ironman 70.3 World Championships in Las Vegas, NV (September 11, 2011) and Ford Ironman World Championship in Kona, HI (October 8, 2011)

The Tri-Centive plan provides a cash incentive to every non-professional age-group category for both men and women, for each of the two events. Any age-group winner on a Felt bicycle at the Ironman 70.3 World Championships in Las Vegas, NV will be rewarded with a $500.00 USD bonus from Felt. Any age-group winner on a Felt at the Ford Ironman World Championships in Kona, HI will earn $1000.00 USD.

Worked out pretty well for the few that recieved this year's bonuses. More to come.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply