Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally got some good pictures of my bike ready to race.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Nickwisdom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So did you use the velcro straps from the speedworks to pin your cables back onto the headtube? I have been debating rerouting the cables over the basebar but yours look like they are out of the wind pretty nice.

"It never gets easier, you just go faster."
-Greg LeMond

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [gluestick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty much race ready for Idaho...minus the 808/1080 rentals I'll have on it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gluestick wrote:
So did you use the velcro straps from the speedworks to pin your cables back onto the headtube?.

Yep... the velcro straps + a zip tie to hold the two cables closer together behind the headtube and it does a nice job of keeping things clean up front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Real nice (and easy). I think I am now sold. Do you have any head-on pics?

"It never gets easier, you just go faster."
-Greg LeMond

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gluestick wrote:

Here's a head on shot...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My new Specialized Transition:

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [njc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
njc wrote:
I was thinking of moving some of the 105 components to DA, as you when they start to wear.
But now the new Slice is on the horizon I'm tempted to wait a few months. But this frame sounds so good not sure if it's worth waiting.
Do you find the bars ok, I already have some vision carbon clip ons for my road bike and might put those on, so might look at replacing the base bar at the same time. Any point or is the cannondale one good enough?

Personally, I had issue with the S-bends to begin with but I am slowly getting used to them. I came from using Profile Design T1 ski bends on a road bike so this is a world apart from what I'm used to and it's taken 400+ miles so far to get used to the new geometry and bars. Personally, I wouldn't wait for the new frame as I have seen pictures of it and am not impressed but that is just my personal opinion (it seems like a Scott Plasma knock-off). The current frame is tried and proven and there are always issues with "new and improved" models of anything (i.e., Cervelo P4, iPhone 4, etc)... I don't trust things until they've been on the market a while and this frame is certainly well tested.

If you like the Vision bars, stick with them. I was regretting going with the stock bars and thought about switching it back to my old ski-bends for a while but now that I seem to be getting used to them, I may not. If you are comfortable with your current bars, it will just make the transition to the new bike that much easier.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [tblake84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Idaho-ready:

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about these apples? Don't get too jealous now, this budget bike ain't half bad.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [wempe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wempe wrote:

That front end is squeaky clean and super aero. Color me jealous.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [kevmk81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nicely done. It's about time we got some more love for the 1500.

I'm curious though. Why use the Fast-Forward seatpost and then slide the saddle all the way back?

Quote | Reply
Undertheradar, how is that bottle cage attached to your saddle??

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife's bike:

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [captaintanlines] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
captaintanlines wrote:
Nicely done. It's about time we got some more love for the 1500.

I'm curious though. Why use the Fast-Forward seatpost and then slide the saddle all the way back?

That's a really good point, and I've been considering moving the saddle forward a bit lately. I *think*, if I remember right, that it seemed that my plumb line was bad when I moved it forward. I'm starting to think that's not so bad as everyone thinks, and am considering moving the saddle forward, might even do so for tomorrows ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boilerup wrote:
Undertheradar, how is that bottle cage attached to your saddle??

I use a cheap Minoura single bottle seat rail bracket. Works great!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [sacca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope that your bike is not by the outlet because you just finished charging the hidden motor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nickwisdom wrote:
gluestick wrote:

Here's a head on shot...

Last night I picked up a cable kit and reconfigured the shift cables on my Slice. It's amazing how much cleaner it looks now... this tip was amazing. However, I had a little trouble with the barrel adjuster making the bend down to the down tube cable stops so I had to configure the cable so that the barrel adjuster was right up near the back of my extensions otherwise the cable housing would pop out of the barrel adjuster. Did you run into this problem or did you just do away with the barrel adjusters? Thanks again for the tip... I don't know why LBSs don't build the bike with the cables like this... seems like an easy enough change to clean up the look of the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [tblake84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be honest.... other than using the bento box to wrap the cables a little closer to the frame I have zero responsibility for how clean they are. I went to an excellent local bike fitter here and changed the front end out as part of my fitting. So I can't take any credit I'm afraid as he did all the recabling work. He apparently did however do away with the barrel adjuster. I actually hadn't noticed until you mentioned it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Brand new! Literally out of the shop.

Can't wait to ride it (her) :) !

I am in love!

Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [MicheTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Race ready P3SL pre-aerobottle ejection.

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/img]

Built up a couple of weeks ago. 2009 Cannondale Hi Mod Frame. SRAM Red/Force Components. FSA carbon tubulars. Profile Design cockpit. First bike I have built from start to finish.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Boris The Blade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Size?? Red cabling looks great... Almost went with a 58 Slice this winter, but ended up with a Parlee TT instead.

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply

Prev Next