Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd you do: June 20
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd you do: June 20 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Bike goal = 4 hrs, run goal = 6 times with one long + one speed. Swim whatever I can figure out (limited pool access).

Did not meet bike goal - some girl issues made it uncomfortable to be on the bike - did make the run goal and swam twice. Also did hip exercises twice and shoulders twice. :-)

M - 8 mi run
T - 6 mi run + 0:40 bike
W - 6 mi run + 4000 yd swim
T - 0:55 bike + 8 mi run
F - 3600 yd swim + 4 mi run (speed - 29:51 for it, 1 mi w/u then a fastish 3)
S - 6 mi run + 0:35 bike (trainer)
S - 12 mi total (3.5 w/u + 8.5 race --- 1:07 for the race, 4th FOV and 1st AG)

totals: 7600 yds / 2:10 bike / 50 mi run. AND OH YEAH, DAY 21 of doing well with eating :D three whole consecutive weeks!
goals for this week: swim 2x, ride 3x (one long), run 5x. Work on data analysis section of thesis.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're wicked fast TC. Congrats on the good eating.

Missed a few workouts last week. I have a hard time with the guilt factor working out while visiting friends and family who don't do much. Need to be more selfish, or maybe not. Life's short.

Goals: 4x run: 1 track, 2ez, 1 long; 4x swim masters; lift 1x
Accomplished: 3x run: 1 track, 2ez; 3x swim masters; lift 1x; ride 1x

Next week: 4x run; 1 track, 2ez, 1 long; 5x swim masters; 2x lift

Have a good week everyone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN
- 3 bike, mostly on tri bike to make sure it's completely dialed in: FAIL. 2 only, 1 of which was on my CX bike, but the tri bike is good to go!
- 4 swims including 1 OWS: WIN
- 5 core/strength/stretch incl. foam rolling: FAIL. 3 only, but i did foam roll. got up late a couple of times so didn't get my 10mins every morning.

back is still messed up from changing my CX bike position for the crit and then riding it almost 100 miles in 2 days, but fortunately it isn't an issue on my tri bike, while running or while swimming. going to see if i can get in to see an RMT/ART practitioner early this week to sort it out, but it looks like i'll be ok to race sunday even if i can't. picking my shoes up off the ground in transition may prove interesting, though!

this week's goals:
- get good sleep
- get back sorted out
- be ready to race sunday!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Nice work on the run! Jeebus, remind me to not try to keep up with you ever ;-)

last week's (amended) plans:
M: watch the Canucks tonight and get all stressed about it - either it's a party night or it's cry in your beer night => DONE BOOOO
T: ride to & from work; optional lunch run => Done and Done
W: ride to & from work; watch the Canucks tonight and get all stressed about it - either it's a party night or it's cry in your beer night => DONE and then horrified and shocked - that really sucked ass.
R: Run 1h ez with dog (am); go to my youngest brother's convocation ceremony ;-) => Done and felt great
F: Run 45 with hill strides (pm); ride to & from work => FAIL, only rode, no run
St: Optional day - travel to Victoria - so run or maybe even a swim! Gasp! => Since nothing was really planned, I did manage a short run with the dog (45min) so I'll call it DONE
Sn: Sherpa for P at Victoria 1/2; go for a run while he's riding (~1-2hr) => DONE

EDIT: My Left quad feels like crap - nice big bruise from MTB ride - so a bunch of runs removed. :-( I'll call this a "recovery" week.
Post-Week Comments: This last week kinda sucked. I was super busy at work and so missed most of my usual week-day lunchtime runs. I did ride a bunch, and felt ok doing that. And to be fair I had a wicked good run while P was riding for his 1/2. But mentally I think I needed a break. I registered for both the Bellingham Bay Marathon (late Sept) which will be my attempt to BQ - I haven't run a standalone marathon since 2003 so I honestly don't know how this will go. It's been so long since I've trained for a marathon I'm almost at a loss of what to do. I'll figure it out, but I'll admit I'm a bit worried about it. I also signed up for my first XTERRA race - Vashon Island - July 10th. I'm super excited about that, I expect to be DFL and probably beat myself up pretty good at it - but can't wait!

This week: get back in the habit of running daily
M: Off - VERY busy day at work today - we're going live with a new PLM system (yikes) and it's all hands on deck with testing.
T: Run at lunch (1h) with uphill strides (30"x8)
W: Run with dog in am (45'); ez run at lunch (45')
R: Run at lunch (50' with strides)
F: Run with dog in am (45' with strides)
St: Optional run or MTB ride
Sun: Optional run or MTB ride.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd you do: June 20 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week: got everything in except for one 1 hour bike

This week: swim x3; bike x3; run x6; stretch/PT x5

I think I'm finally getting the hang of riding the bike. Now, if I could just stop flailing about in the water....

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply