Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Riding orbea=doping
Quote | Reply
In principle only.

The uci has a rule about parts on a frame not curving and being able to fit a straight line in them. Orbea and many other companies violate this rule. For whatever reason the uci has not called them on it.

Talking by principle only, how is riding a bike that clearly violates this rule any different than violating a rule like doping?

I wonder if people just write it off BC it is a stupid rule or it doesnt give you any added advantage.

Maybe you disagree. How would you propose that principally it's different?
Quote Reply
Re: Riding orbea=doping [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you dont understand properly the uci rules. Orbea as pass all approval test by uci for there road and TT bike. You are allowed curved tub as long as a straight line can be made in the tube....... that is why the P3-4 and many other bike are legal also.....while the tube is curved.... the center line isnt...

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Riding orbea=doping [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was under the impression it curved more than that.

Ok, a specialized transition then
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
once again, you do not understand the rule... specialized transition is fine also..... and so all other bikes in the pro peloton...

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently I dont because I see absolutely no way that what you said works in a transition.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/.../s1600/chainstay.jpg

Perhaps you'd like to clarify what you said for all of us who don't know the rules inside and out, or continue being completely unhelpful. what would you prefer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's rather well known that the UCI technical regulations were written by a moron, and aren't enforced as they are written. The WADA anti-doping rules weren't written by an imbecile, and are enforced as written, with certain Spanish exceptions.

So while the situation with the technical rules is far from ideal, bike manufacturers (and correspondingly riders on their bikes) must deal with the world as they find it, not as they wish it to be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

those chain stay are from a time trial bike. It s a different rule......

here i will be helpfull and give you the full rule book.

http://www.uci.ch/...NTI0MDY&LangId=1

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't claim to understand this rule, so, I am asking b/c I do not know.

Why was the Cervelo RS banned from the 2010 Paris-Roubaix? How is the Orbea not "more in violation" than the RS?

I thought the issue with the Cervelo RS is that it complies with the rule in the longitudinal plane, but not the lateral plane. If that is the case, then why wouldn't the Orbea Orca comply with the rule in the lateral plane, but, not the longitudinal plane?

From the Cervelo blog:

One year after that awesome 2009 Paris-Roubaix, Thor was back. The RS was not allowed by the UCI (the comfy curves in the RS were deemed to violate a little rule (straight line has to fit inside the tube) Even though much bigger offenders like the 2011 Orbea Orca are allowed to be raced right now, we didn’t want to risk anything in Thor’s pursuit of his ultimate dream race.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply