Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Pub Crawl?
Quote | Reply
Hi ladies,

I realize this is a somewhat silly question...but I have not been on a bike pub crawl and I am wondering if those of you who have done them can tell me what to wear?? Just regular bike clothes? Our route will include popular happy hour places that could be quite busy when we go...(I would almost prefer we stick to some hole in the wall places if we are all going to be in spandex!) Anyway this is trivial I know, but I'm just curious. We will probably be hanging out as much as or more than we will be riding, so I'm just wondering if people (girls) will wear something "cuter" as opposed to cycling specific...any opinions would be welcome!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Pub Crawl? [meg_k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it were me I'd wear either a biking skirt or a pair of mountain biking shorts (spandex under roomier cotton). For a top I'd wear either a cool cycling jersey or a tee (technical or cotton).
Oh and I'd wear my biking shoes with the recessed cleats so I wasn't clomping around in cleats.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Pub Crawl? [mj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks mj for the suggestions. Ugh, I didn't even think about the shoes!! I don't own shoes with recessed cleats...hopefully I won't be the only obnoxious one clicking while I walk!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a wrap skirt that is great for covering up the bike shorts. It's drifit so it packs well, has a little pocket, etc. very handy - I use it a lot post races.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So fun!!! I love these.

I actually wear bike shorts with this goofy denim skirt over it. The skirt has a front vertical zipper that goes from both directions. I unzip it from the bottom up while riding, and then zip it back down while we're in the pub.
Then I wear a sports bra with some tank tops over it.

Wrap skirt would would really well too.

Oh, and I second the bike shoes with recessed cleats. Or if you have cleat covers...

Don't forget the lights if you're out after dark!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Pub Crawl? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you both!! A skirt sure would be nice...I don't have a cycling skirt, since we aren't really biking too much (maybe 10 miles total, not sure) I wonder if I could get away with wearing a running skirt.

This is making me realize that I really should have more options in my cycling wardrobe. Right now it is spandex shorts, x10...that's about it! Maybe running skirt + tank top(s)...wow that is going to look awesome with bike shoes. Ah well at least I won't be alone :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pick up some cleat covers! not that $$$ and easy to carry. I like to stop and shop on my bike commute and they are handy-my shoes are slippery and you dont get dirty looks clackity clacking and potentially wrecking a floor

http://tinyurl.com/5uhvfj9
Last edited by: triLA: Jun 15, 11 14:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bike pub crawl

I've never heard of this. Drinking and riding?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definately wear something "cuter". Maybe your bikini. :-)

Seriously, I've done a lot of pub crawls in my time but never on my bike. Drinking and riding doesn't seem like a great idea, depending of course on how much you intend to drink. The good thing about walking to pub crawls is that you can literally crawl home. A bit harder with a bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are so much fun ! We always dress in costume, so much more fun.... and the stares people give you as you ride by is priceless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never heard of bike pub crawl, but it sounds like it could be a lot of fun. One question - is riding a bike intoxicated "technically" illegal? Not judging, just wondering (in case I organize a future event). Enjoy...!

Lifeguard: "Do you need help?" Me: "No, that's just my butterfly."
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Pub Crawl? [TriHard Indiana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe this is what you had in mind?

http://www.flickr.com/...ts/72157594538376430

Such a Bad Runner
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Pub Crawl? [SBR_bestgoodbad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks like a lot of fun. Plenty of hydration on that bike.

Lifeguard: "Do you need help?" Me: "No, that's just my butterfly."
Quote Reply